Prologue

"Are you dumb or stupid? How many times do I have to tell you, there's no way in hell that I would fall for you. Stop this madness, Devon. I'm sick of this."

No, Tarrant. I can' t and I won' t.

"I won' t give up, Tarrant. I won' t stop until you fall for me. I'm Devon Jasmine Fonda Jaquez and I always get what I want. Come hell or high water, I'll have you, Tarrant. Put that in your ultrathin brain." And with that, I walked away from him. My tears starting to fall. Call me stupid, desperate or whatever you want to call me, but that wouldn' t stop me. I love him so damn much that I just can't give him up.

--------

Please, Devon. Just stop. I'm almost there. Just a little more and I will definitely fall already. So please, before that happens, stop. Just stop already. I know that you'll be there to catch me, but I don't want Gavin to get hurt. He is my bestfriend. And the friendship that we have is important to me. I don't want to lose him. He was there for me when I was at my worst. He's like a brother to me. No one could break the friendship that we have. Not even you, Devon. We always know when to give way for each other. And right now, it's my turn to give way for him.

"You shouldn't love me, Devon. Because I'm Tarrant Levy Quinn Aldaine."

--------

"You chase him. And I chase you. Will this ever come to an end?. I'm getting scared, Devon. I'm scared that one day, I might just get tired of getting hurt because of you. But I'm not giving up. You're worth the chase and the risk, Devon."

But for now, I'm just gonna leave you alone. I need to breath. Seeing you cry and getting hurt because of someone when I am trying my very damn best to protect you and make you happy, is unbearable. It hurts like hell.

"You don't have to chase someone to love you. There's always Lyle Gavin Flores Mendoza who is willing to love you and make you happy, Devon. Remember that."