We Are Everything

Sometimes we wonder how it feels to love someone truly, some of us find it early or at the right time, and some of us don't give up.

- To Someone, who made me write this

It was first day of school, new people, new friends and new classmates. But of all those, I still value my old true friends that I cherished through out the years. Most of them transferred schools, Including my best friends Carly, Sandy and Janelle. I'm a bit anxious right now, I don't know if I could form another friendship circle and if high school is really enjoying as they say. I hope it wouldn't be creeping me out, I hope I wouldn't be alone. Luckily, I still saw some of my friends' names at the announcing board for our assigned sections. My closest possible friend, Mandy is at the other section and the only person that I know here well is Ronald. I only know him well, not as his friend or anything very close to that. But I think they're not that so random at all, they're a bit fun to be with. Though I find it awkward to be with some weird people I can't bare to mingle. By the way, my name is Nathan and I don't know how my life runs or how wild my youth can be.

"Hello, good morning." As our class teacher, Mr. Nally Yewrap greeted with a smile, "So . . Welcome to high school everyone!"

Everyone applauded with slight muteness.

"Since Freshman year is your first stepping stone on high school, for now I'll be giving you a little spoliation treatment." He continued 

Everyone cheered, I had fun. I beamed and realized how happy high school could be on the upcoming days. After Mr. Yewrap greeted us, he introduced himself from his gender (which I respect, and won't bother), current city, hobbies, favorite subject and the least favorite subject. He said he hated Mathematics for making him fail entrance exams on different works and that is what made him a teacher, dealing stress with some foolish students that make love every time.

"If you see anyone having intercourses and pleasurable demonstrations in some hidden or dark places, tell it to me when he or she is your classmate. But if not, the hell I care." He added, "Now one by one, you'll introduce yourselves the way I do."

As each of my classmates introduced themselves, I could already distinguish their personality. One named Pammey looked peculiar. She's wearing some kind of dark, gothic dress, a tribal necklace and a cowgirl like boots. Mr. Yewrap called her "Miley Cyrus", the other was my ex-crush; she was Stella - a very beautiful yet talented girl, she could write well, speak, sing, dance and she's also a top last school year. And some of my other classmates introduced theirselves, but I don't find them unique as the others that I mentioned were. They're just like some typical students who look up at the ceiling when speaking.

When it came to me, I made my introduction like what contestants at the beauty pageant always do:

"My name is Nathan, Taguig City, Philippines!" I wailed loudly

Everyone chuckled and cheered hard, it was the breaker of the intimate silence then.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Weeks passed, my grades were good, my performance was great, I loved every subject and Mandy suddenly became my current best friend. I did my visit on her classroom as my daily routine, particularly recess and lunch-time, and I hate her other friends because whenever class ends they would pull Mandy off me (well, not literal) and almost prohibit me to speak to her. I hate it! Well then, I had an idea on how to solo her during dismissals, we would go upstairs on the 3rd floor and talk about things. Recently, I met this girl in her class; her name was Rain -- she has a thin waist, slim body and a tiny voice, but she was pretty. She sat with me downstairs and we chatted continuously, I think she's pretty attractive but I didn't mind much. I had a new friend then, we kept laughing and grinning all the time as we talked. I took her foot by carrying it with my own foot, it's my way of showing affection to someone (I know it's weird). Minutes after, our hands unintentionally touched so I took the chance and held her hand -- she never resisted. Is this what they call love? I wondered, Yes it is.

A day after that, I almost told everyone that I had a crush on Rain:

"Please don't tell it to anyone okay? It's a secret!" As (the foolish) I told them, ironically

Those love-dovey smoochies kept happening day by day until she said to me that she has this boyfriend named Chris and he has abs 'cause she said she saw it and that she keeps on flirting and flirting me even though she has this 'boyfriend' of hers.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 "I'm already turned off." As I was talking to Mandy about Rain

We kept on talking about Rain and her crush, Phil until Ronald's big sister came down with him, they were murmuring something to each other.

"Are you together?" Said Ronald's sister, while smiling

"Ah. . Ah. ." I stammered

"No." Mandy replied

"You look good together." Either of the siblings said, both smirking

I can't sleep that night, unforgetting what happened that time. How I trembled, how I felt my heart pounding strengthily and how that question made my whole body tingling. I just realized, that I liked her already. Different and more sincere than Rain or than anyone. But I doubted it and said to myself that she's just my best friend and forever will be, if I don't want our friendship to be ruined by that, I better stop.

To Be Continued . .

Follow me on twitter! @iNafita, thanks :D