Prologue

"You know what would be fun?"

"Robbing a bank and using the money to start an alpaca farm?"

"Ye-no. Wait. What?"

Kade smirked and continued munching on the chocolate chip cookie she held in her hand. In the beanbag to her left, Sebby sat with her legs daintily crossed. "An alpaca farm would be cute! I remember going to one when I lived in Tennessee. They're so adorable."

"But hard work," Brendan chimed in.

Julia let out a brief sigh and picked at the flaking gold nail polish on her fingers. "Guys, come on! I actually have a great idea!" 

"Which is..?" Matías impatiently asked.

"We should go to the junkyard, repair an old bus, and drive it all around the US this summer!"

After looking to Julia to see if she was serious, the group turned to each other. Kade looked at Brendan, who was awkwardly fiddling with his glasses. Lucas and Gray eyed each other questioningly. Matías somehow found the spot on the floor in front of him very interesting, and Sebby smiled sympathetically at Julia. 

"Well..."

"I mean..."

Julia looked to each one in turn, eyes silently pleading for someone to support her.

"Hell, why not?" Lucas said. The group turned to him in shock, figuring he would be the first to realize this would never work. 

"I'm in!" Kade eagerly joined in.

"I guess?" Brendan nervously added.

"Sure!"

"Sounds fun!"

The group then turned to Matías, silently staring at him and waiting for his answer. 

"I hope you all realize if I so much as get a scratch on me, my mamá will have your heads."

"That's a yes!"