Heart Of Stone [SuFin] *Human AU*

This, my readers, is a one shot because of me recently hitting 1,000 followers! This is all for you guys~! This is actually a song-shot with the song Heart of Stone by ... Winx Club (DON'T JUDGE)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tino sat down in a chair inside the cafe, waiting for his boyfriend, Berwald, to get there. He had ordered them both the usual coffee, and was currently waiting on that as well.

He looked outside through the window at the people walking through the snow. It was nearly Christmas time, now that he thought about it. He had yet to get Berwald a Christmas present- he would still do it even after what was about to happen.

The live band in the cafe- yes they have those- was getting ready for their performance. He glanced over at them as they finished setting up their instruments and started to play.

Tino sighed as he listened, thinking about what he was going to say. He didn't know how Berwald was going to handle it.

Hell, he didn't even know if he would handle it well himself.

He started to tap his foot nervously, watching the window as he spotted his beloved boyfriend sprint quickly through the falling snow, walking through the door.

Tino listened as he heard the little bell on the door go jingle jingle as he turned to watch Berwald walk through the tables to reach his, walking beside Tino and giving him a small kiss on the cheek before sitting down across from him. Not once did he smile at him though.

He never did smile that much... 

"Hallo, Berwald," Tino said, giving a somewhat sad smile towards the tall blonde Swede sitting in front of him.

"Hm, hallo Tino." He said, nodding slightly. No smile.

"I guess you're wondering why I wanted to meet with you here..."

The Swedish man nodded again, tilting his head slightly as the cashier brought them the coffee that Tino had requested. The band started to play.

"I can't read you.. at all." Tino looked down at his coffee, watching the brown liquid sit in the cup.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, you aren't... you don't... share your feelings..."

"I don't know what to do anymore, Berwald... it's like you're two different people sometimes. There's the part of you that never wants to leave my side, and I love that, but then there's the more distant side of you that I see when you only want to work on one thing- paperwork for school," he continued.

Berwald looked at him with the same empty eyes he always had.

"I want to spend a lot of time with you. But that distant side shows a lot more lately."

"I have lots of school work to do for college."

"I know.... I understand... but every day? The last time we've spent one on one time together was last month," he said quietly. "When we spent time watching a crappy American Halloween movie."

"I'm sorry, Tino."

"I know... I know you are..." He took a sip of coffee.

"But I have to ask..."

"Ja?"

"Do you actually love me? I'm having trouble telling..." A tear fell down Tino's cheek at the thought of what Berwald's answer could be.

There was silence for a moment. Hesitation? The tears fell faster as he waited, hiding them.

"I do," Berwald said, looking at the Fin with slightly widened eyes.