Chapter 1: The Beginning

When I was younger I used to hate to sleep at my grandma's house because even though it was such an enormous house I always felt like there was presence everywhere I went, So I used cry to my grandma that there was something there with me but she never gave much attention and just told me to go back to bed or sometimes if i was lucky sleep with her.

My parents would leave me there when they both had work and it wasn't just me it was my older brother Noah he was just two years older than me but he never experienced anything at all and was always mocking me (that's what brothers do anyways).

Now i'm sixteen turning seventeen in a months time, my name is serene and... I do photography in college, not an interesting life but Hey Ho.

'SWEETY!! I need you to go to grandmas house to grab something I lost' My mum shouting across the stairs, I really didn't want to go so i ignored it until she could have asked my brother Noah. 

She came all the way upstairs and stood outside my door way

'come on I know you hate going there but honestly it's not as bad as you think it's been so long since you haven't been there and she is really missing you' she seemed so sorrowful 

I looked at her for about 10 seconds just to see if she was faking it, she wasn't faking it and once i realized it I decided to go just for her though.

'Ugh fine I am going' I told her getting up from my cozy bed and dragging myself by the wardrobe area.

My mam smiled and reached for a kiss on the cheek. 

Before I left my room I checked every pocket if I had everything in my pockets: My phone,my earphones and some money that is all I needed for a half an hour walk to my grandma.

I went downstairs kissed my mam goodbye grabbed an apple and shut the door behind me. 

Everything seemed fine I ate my Apple already and threw it in the bin while listening to Beyonce with my earphones on medium volume my mother always told me it was dangerous with high so ofcourse I'm going to believe her.

Anyways we are half way there Just 15 minutes left until we reach Grandma's house, I have been panicking to go back there because it brings so many memories back but as I said I'm just going there for her.

'All you need to do is just go inside and take her bag, say hi to gran and walk straight out that's all' I said to myself trying not to panic myself too much I mean how bad could it be right?

Five minutes left until I was there facing my own fears, already five minutes away and I felt like there was something behind me but there wasn't it was just me.

I hate this so much I hate the forest as I stood outside the forest I looked around me one last time,, it was very noisy all the cars driving past, I felt safe at that moment but once I turned around I felt shivers down my spine just looking at the forest.

It wasn't like a big forest it was just a small pathway with the trees staring right down at you.
I can't do this. I couldn't even see the house from where I stood it was faded  I was so anxious to do this.

I took a deep breath and just thought to run for it.

I breathed slowly and looked at the house. 

I can do this!

I ran so fast as much as my legs could go, I never saw myself run as fast as I did for a long time.

Then I stopped just when I was standing outside the house, i turned around one last time and heard a noise behind the trees.

I looked at the tree for a second and saw a shadow figure around the tree, it looked almost the size of a human.

I jumped so much once I saw it vanish and ran for the door.

'LET ME IN LET ME IN!!!' I was crying at this moment trying so hard to unlock the door.

The shadow figure was once again behind another tree and coming closer everytime I looked away from it.

'LET MEEEE IN!!!!!!' I screamed

Once the door unlocked I fell to my grandma's mat and there she stood so calm locking the door behind me.

'What is the matter?' She asked me in confusion

'REALLY GRAN REALLY!!! how can you l...live here st..till?!' I was so out of breath my voice was still in shock but I got up and walked away from her I couldn't stand this anymore.

'Well because I like this place all by myself' She said smiling at me

I looked at her in disgust

'How can I be related to you?' My breathing got slower I couldn't even look at her

She looked at me one more time but this time her gave changed she seemed so upset and looked at the floor

' your mams bag is in the living room on the couch' She said almost crying

I went in the living room and snatched her bag and went back out the hallway.

'You may be living in a mansion but you are lonely' i gritted my teeth storming out the doorway without looking back.

I was so annoyed at her that I totally forgot about the pathway of the forest, I decided to walk at this point I bet the shadows was just my imagination.

I continued walking halfway until I heard a noise behind me it was like if someone stood on a stick from a tree.

I looked behind and saw once again the outline of someone behind the tree.

This time I was so bitter that I just called out ' nice try grandma I am leaving stop following me I'm never coming back!'

I was about to turn around until I heard a noise

'YOUR grandma!' A deep voice came behind the tree it deffinetly wasn't grandma.

I stood there not knowing what to do I was about to dash back out the forest and just get the hell out of here until I saw something grab my wrist. It wasn't even a person it was A SHADOW shaped as a man but it had no faceor body.
My heart skipped a beat as I looked at it in terror.

It vanished quickly once I blinked,

'I'm sorry' it spoke once again

I was speechless I couldn't even say anything and rushed once again at my grandma's door.

'Grandma LET ME IN!' I screeched

The door unlocked and there was my grandma standing beside the door her face was red, her eyes were swollen and I could tell she was crying.

'Were you crying gran?' I felt so bad

'Oh no darling I have a cold'

I reached to hug her and she hugged me back in surprise

'Grandma I'm sorry I said those stuff I didn't mean to I always love you' I had my two hands around her shoulders and looked at her in the eyes

'I'm so sorry I'm really sorry I would like to sleep here today with you' I told her.

Her eyes opened widely and seemed so happy.

'You mean it!!' She whooped

I nodded and she reached for another hug

'I love you so much go to your bedroom I'll make you some tea!' She exclaimed

I went upstairs and texted my mum saying that I was sleeping at grans for today.