01

There are certain things Minho enjoys doing, and certain things he does not enjoy doing.

For example, sitting on the dock fishing all day in the scorching sun with his dad was something he does not enjoy.

Now, don't get him wrong, Minho loves spending time with his dad. But fishing? Not so much.

Minho sighed as he carried the cooler filled with bait and his fishing rod over his shoulder, following his dad to the end of the dock.

"It's such a great day for fishing, stop sighing Minho." His dad said and set up the two chairs to sit on.

"Yeah... So great." He replied sarcastically and sat down.

After about nearly an hour of them just sitting there, they've only got two catches.

"Hey dad, seems like there aren't that many fish around. We should go home now." Minho said, trying to convince him to leave.

"It's probably the bait." His dad replied standing up. "You stay here. I'll run to the store and go buy a better one."

"Let me come with-"

"No. Stay. You never know, you might catch something while I'm gone." His dad said.

"But-"

Before Minho could say anymore, his dad was already walking off the dock towards the shore.

Minho sat there for ten more minutes, bored out of his mind.

Until finally, something happens. He feels tugging on the fishing rod.

He begins reeling it in, but the fish was too heavy. The rod was bending so much, it was almost going to break.

"Goddamn this fish must be fat." Minho mumbled to himself as he stood up, desperately trying to pull this catch out of the water.

Using all his strength, he finally pulled it out. His rod flew out of his hands behind him and his catch falling right on top of him, knocking him down.

"Ouch." He hears someone say.

Minho opens his eyes and sees that the catch that knocked him out was not a mega fish, it was a boy.

A boy with a fucking shiny blue tail.

"AHHH!!" Minho screams and stands up, causing the boy to roll off of him and hit his head on the hard wood dock.

"Ouch- hey that hurt." He said rubbing his head.

"It can speak!!" Minho said in shock looking at the creature in front of him.

"Of course I can speak." He rolled his eyes then sat up. "That bait you have tastes like shit." He said then proceeded to take one of the only two catches they have and eat it.

"Y-you're a mermaid." Minho said. It was the only thing he could say right now to be honest.

"Actually I'm a merman, I'm a guy-"

"Oh my God you're a fucking mermaid." Minho said a bit louder, cutting him off and sat on the dock in front of him.

"What are you doing here?! Why are you on land?!" Minho asked.

"I was hungry and looking for lunch, and fell for your bait, and you're the one who pulled me up here." He replied and reached for their last fish to eat.

"Hey, don't eat that." Minho said and grabbed his wrist.

"Why not land boy, I'm hungry."

"But I'm hungry too and I need to cook that for dinner." Minho replied.

The merman sighed and put down the fish. "Fine. I'll just find something to eat later."

"So, what's your name?" Minho asked.

"Why do you wanna know?"

"It's not everyday you meet a mermaid. I'm Lee Minho, how about you?"

"Han Jisung." He sighed, not even bothering to correcting him.

"Minho! I'm back with new bait!" He hears his dad call.

"Shit, my dad is coming back." Minho said.

Jisung frowned, he kind of felt sad. For some reasons he wanted to stay and talk with Minho longer.

"I'm gonna go back." Jisung said.

"Wait- will I ever get to see you again?" Minho asked, stopping him before he goes back in the water.

"Maybe if you come back tonight." Jisung smirked then dove into the water.

"Tonight it is." He mumbled and watched as Jisung's blue tail disappeared into the sea.

~~

i still have 2 other unfinished books hhhhh

but minsung has been so loud lately i miss writing them

oopsies

5th minsung fic
let's go 🤘🏽

lmao i gotta chill