The Song Of My Heart

Three..two..one.. the clock strikes and it is five thirty-three. I needed to wait for about half an hour before I could get my ass out the walls of this murky classroom. Sneaking on my watch perhaps did not remove the boredom I felt nor induce myself to enjoy the earsplitting voice of my music instructor. For me, his voice doesn't mean any accord whether he'd sing or not. If I could only swathe his mouth with duct tape and the rest of the class so at least I can have a peace of mind. I really disgust music, not because I'm horrible at singing, but I could not just in actual fact get into it. It's a three-hour class and every day, every minute, every second slowly makes me insane. If not for granny I wouldn't show up here at all and waste my time singing with these jerks. I just want to return her the favor for taking care of me and being supportive all through the years since I was in kindergarten. My parents died on a plane crash. That was like seventeen years ago according to her when they flew out of Miami after performing at a concert. My father was a die-hard musician and my mother – a singer. Their beloved career ended their life and I was not able to spend my growing days to fill my heart with good memories of an ample family.

I was just about to get off the chair at exactly six but Mr. Behrman, my music instructor asked me to sing in front of the class. The beat of my heart began to whack so fast and my head started to burn in animosity. "What the hell he was thinking?" I told myself. "Mr. Behrman, with all your respect class, is over and I want to go home to take rest," I said. All eyes were on me. Mr. Behrman raised his left eyebrow and coughed as hard as he could. "Ms. Walker, we will be extending for another hour because the competition is very soon. I did not even see your mouth opened for the past three hours of our music lesson." He sighed. "I don't know what on earth made Ms. Lucille enroll you on this class. Now I want you to throw your ass here in front and sing." His voice sounded so harsh that he would grab my arms any time in front and force me to sing. Mr. Behrman was one of granny's favorite students during the time she taught in this music school. I don't like Mr. Behrman and he never had the courage to tell granny how a bastard student I am in his class because it might cause her a severe heart attack. During competitions, I just stayed at the back so they wouldn't notice my pretentious singing and of course, I did a lot of lip-syncing most of the times. When granny asked me why I was not positioned in front, I always reason out that my height was excessively soaring and it would look really annoying.

Mr. Behrman picked up his beeping phone. The conversation ended up so quick. "Ms. Walker, you will take place on the solo singing in our intro."He declared while keeping the phone in his pocket. I wanted to tell him that he's absolutely crazy. He spoke again. "and in the second part, you will have a duet with Ms. Williams... the rest of you on the chorus" He folded his arms on his chest and took tiny steps backwards. "And who the hell is Ms. Williams?" I murmured to myself still shaking in resentment to where I stood. Mr. Behrman started to talk again. "Ms. Williams will be here in a minute. She's a new student. I am looking forward that you treat her pleasingly especially you Ms. Walker." "He is a total freak!" I just looked at him and never spoke a word. There were no signs of conformity. Suddenly, a blonde woman came in. Her lashes were so thick and her gorgeous green eyes, I just found them staring at me. Her ivory skin seemed to be very soft when her long honey hair swayed all over it and I will never forget those red lips like wild roses in wonderland. I can say that she's completely stunning. A beauty of a goddess that had probably changed the vision of my ominous world.

"Hi.." that was the first word she said and I felt Goosebumps all over my body. Her sweet voice had leisurely exterminated the horrific atmosphere inside the classroom.

Everyone was paying attention with her including Mr. Behrman who's been drooling and jaw's dropping. "Ohh.. look at this pervert old man" I whispered and my voice dematerialized in the air when Ms. Williams began to utter once more. "My name is Annie Williams and I'm here not just to study music but to be a part of your assembly as well. I hope we can be good friends here and I am looking forward to being familiar with you all." She smiled, the sweetness of her smile showed a lot of simplicity.. so breathtaking.