One Shot

Staring at the many dresses she now has in her very big closet, she thinks about her now 'new' life. Is this really what she wants? Yes, she has the man of her dreams, everything she could ever ask for, but is living in the White House what Olivia Pope desires; having Vermont.

Olivia couldn't believe that is was already Christmas. She had been doing so many party planning for the winter gala, showing many DC kids around the House, opening gifts from foreign ambassadors that she completely lost track of time. Olivia walks out of the closet both her and Fitz shared and grabbed her cell phone off the nightstand. Unlocking her phone and opening up her period app and realized she hadn't gotten her December cycle.

Waiting in the office waiting room, watching the news on the TV the nurse walks in; "Miss Pope are you ready to begin?" she says. Olivia starting to tear up shakes her head 'yes' and heads back to the room.

Laying down on the table all covered up in drapes "I'm going to begin now" the Doctor says. Olivia holds onto the bar handle of the table tightly and wouldn't let go. She quickly sits up and says "wait!" "Miss Pope?" the Doctor questions. "I changed my mind" "Miss Pope, are you sure you-" "I don't want an abortion!" she exclaimed. Getting off the table putting her clothes back on she walks out of the building and into the motorcade and wonders did she do the right thing?

Sitting on the couch in the Presidential suite there Fitz is with his first two fingers holding up his head resting his elbow on the side of the armrest. Olivia opens one of the double doors sets her handbag down on the end bench to the bed and lays her coat down on the bed. Fitz stands up "where were you tonight?" questioning her, he was all dressed up in a bow tie and suit after his winter gala that she had even planned and was supposed to attend. "Fitz we need to talk," she said while her head is pointing at the ground almost afraid to tell him. Fitz with his arms straight down at his side looks at her with his mad face she always saw him giving Mellie, his ex-wife. "I'm Pregnant," she says, his face goes slowly from mad to shocked. "You're what?" he says moving closer to her next to the bed. "This morning I realized I was late so I took a pregnancy test." "Olivia," he said. "Let's not." she stood there in pause "I wanted to get an abortion. I was laying on the table and as soon as the Doctor started doing I panicked. I want Vermont; I want jam, Mayor, dogs, kids I want it all and I want it with you." Fitz starts to walk closers to her. "Would you have told me? If you did get the abortion would you have told me?" "No, because then there is a chance for a presidential baby scandal. 'mistress pregnant with Presidents baby' headline was not really in my mind" "I don't understand if you want Vermont why wouldn't you tell me" "I was scared, Fitz" she held out her hands for him to grab them. "I was treated like crap when the people found out their President was sleeping with another woman who is not his wife, let alone a black lady. They picked out every little thing about me when they found out, they will pick out everything about this baby. I don't want that for it. I have seen a lot of pregnancy scandals in my work and I didn't want this baby to live like that." "Livv, I will never let this baby live like that. You and me and this baby together." "you can't protect us from that" she looks down at their hands together, intertwined and he pulls her head up and looks her in her eyes "I can do anything. I'm the leader of the free world." she smiles and laughs at him.

(the press finding out)
An early morning Cyrus, the President's chief of staff running into the oval office "Cy" Fitz says. With an angry face on he slams down newest newspaper repeating what the headline says "Presidential baby!" "Cyrus" "you mean to tell me that Olivia Pope is pregnant with your baby" "yes" "I don't know how we're going to handle this" "handle. Our baby is not something you're going to handle. I told, I promise Liv I would protect her from the press and as her boyfriend, as her father of her baby I will do so." but sir, they could impeach you for this. They will tear you apart; the press." "Liv was going to have an abortion. She couldn't do it. If the Senate wants to impeach me they can, I am not pushing this away, I'm not leaving Olivia. I will talk to her, see what she wants to do."