Prolouge

NEW ZEBEDEE, MICHIGAN
1954

Upon the floor were bodies of two women. One mid-30's, the other probably late 40's early 50's. One dead, one regaining consciousness. Both were part of a ritual currently being performed by the crowd beloved Isaac Izard.
A slight moan was heard from the middle-aged one, as she forced her eyes open. Averting her eyes in every direction, the events of before were coming back. "Isaac, Selena!" she had been able to force out that was never heard. She then switched her gaze to the body that lay motionless next to her. "M... Mrs. Hanchett?" she questioned quietly. Attempting to get up, she fell as her right wrist couldn't support her. After landing on the cold, concrete floor with a silent "thud", she lifted her wrist so it was visible in her sight. Finding sloppy done stitch lines, she let a low growl surface. "They took a bone from my wrist," she concluded. Then letting her left hand search for something to pull herself up with, did it run into a pole that supported the floor above her. Grasping the pole, she was then able to pull herself up off the floor. Then standing on her two feet, she held her right wrist to her chest as her ankles shook. Slowly, yet surely, she took steps up the stairs to be met by a wood door. "I'm in the basement," she silently spoke. Grasping, turning, and pushing the door open did she walk into the kitchen. Wanting to say something, words failed to come to her mind. That's when she heard a loud bang on the door followed by the voice of Florence Zimmerman, "Isaac!" Then, she was able to force the name out, "Florence!"
"Florence!" The voice echoed through Florence's ears like a silent whistle made for her.
"Wasn't that...," Jonathan Barnavelt went to question, "Rowan?"
"Rowan!" she called in return.
"Flor..." Rowan was interrupted by an explosion.
"Isaac!" she heard her fraternal twin half sister, Selena, call before hitting the tile floor of the kitchen.
Rowan heard the doors slam open as her name was shouted again, "Rowan!"
Grasping the edge of the counter with her left hand and pulling herself up, she slowly walked toward the voice calling her while holding the right wrist closely to her chest.
Averting her gaze toward the kitchen, Florence saw her best friend standing in the door way.
"Can you hear the ticking?" Rowan caught Isaac mumble before he met his death fate.
"Florence, Jonathan!" she called louder.
"Emma!" Jonathan answered in return as he raced toward her.
She began stumbling toward him, as her ankles finally gave out. Rowan started falling toward the floor, closing her eyes preparing to feel impact. When the feeling never came she forced her eyes open to see Jonathan caught her. "T... thank you," she was able to mumble before unconsciousness consumed her.
Grabbing Rowan's right wrist gentle, he saw the sloppy done stitches. Inspecting the key he gasped, "He took a bone from her, just like Selena. But, Emma survived."
With Florence's help, he was able to carry her across the street to the purple house owned by Mrs. Zimmerman.
"Don't worry, she'll be okay," Florence attempted to reassure the panicking man.
"She most likely won't remember tonight," was all he whispered.
"In the morning I'll take her to the hospital to get a replacement bone," she simply explained.
Jonathan sighed in annoyance, but nod in agreement. He then found his way onto his friend's couch. Sighing one last time, he fell into a light slumber with one thing on his mind, "Will Emma be okay?"

============================

Skyewolf23 here!

This prologue is based off the alternate opening to the movie. I obviously added the part with Rowan.

I hope you enjoy the story, as I was able to buy the movie today. Just writing the prologue, I got a vivid image of what's going on.

Tootles! =^.^=