The Night It Happen

The Night It Happen.

I wanted to wake up. I knew I needed too. But at the same time, I wanted to give in. I've been fighting for so long, I just wanted to give up now.

Fighting Cancer since I was 15, two years later, how could I be so weak.

Open your eyes, Heaven!

I keep telling myself this.

Open your eyes.

I knew what I would see if I opened my eyes.

I would see the bright yellow room I painted when I was fourteen. I would see pictures on my wall of my nieces who I loved with all my heart. I would see hundreds of photos of my best friend and I.  I also knew I would see my best friend herself holding onto my hand.

Amber McHenry, the girl with bright brown eyes, with the curvy tan body any seventeen year old would kill for. The girl who has been by my side since we were ten. The girl who told me stories about school since I've been out. The girl who I was terrified to leave altogether.

I also knew I would see my mother. The women who gave me life. The women who would hold me when I was sick. The women who didn't want her child to die, but knew it was coming.

I could already hear their cry's right now.

Open your eyes!

I knew it was too late. I couldn't open them anymore.

So I did the only thing I could.

I gave it. And then this calmness washed over me, then I knew. I knew it was time to let go.

So I did.