Prologue

75635 Zirca

I live in world where the sky bleeds red.

I live in the world where everyone is dreading summer.

I live in the world where every bit of snow that fell was black.

I live in the world where darkness shrouds it entirely.

It is rather gloomy.

Today is the day that I ought to get wedded and I felt not even a tinge of bliss but I somehow have this little hope inside me that someday our cause will succeed. I ought to make a new world for my people. I must carry on with this façade. I must!

Narisse eyed the journal in bewilderment. Thousands of thoughts run through her head.  The journal says it belonged to Queen Lena. Hmm Queen Lena… I never heard of such name before. Narisse was quite confused upon reading the manuscript. It left a chilling effect on her. She wanted to read more, she wanted to know more and she wanted to give answers to her questions.

As she was on the act of turning the pages of the journal, she was put to a stop when she heard the commotion outside the old Library. The people outside is in upheaval and in a short while her colleague Essie busted the door, chest heaving , hair in disarray, and trying to catch her breath.

“Essie, What’s wrong? What is it?”  Narisse quaked at her friend’s situation. Essie stared at her wide eye trying to form a sentence but to no avail. She held her friend’s hand and rubbed it in a calming way.

“Essie, breathe. Tell me what’s wrong” she told Essie trying to calm her down as she continued to tremble in fear.

“Blood suckers. Here. City” Essie managed to stammer. Fear clearly etched on her face.  No wonder she was so afraid, Narisse thought.  Who wouldn’t be afraid of the uuraks. The uuraks  or what is known as the night creepers are demons who eat human’s entrails and head leaving other parts of the body scattered on the spot. As the name entails they are demons who shows up at night. But it isn’t sun down yet? How could these demons manage to show their selves when daylight is still present?

“Good Essie. Goddamit Essie Breathe!”  Narisse exclaimed as Essie almost fainted due to the lack of oxygen in her lungs.

“Essie you will soon get accustomed to this. Isn’t this what you want? Too fight them?”

“y-yes but I didn’t know it will be this soon” oh sweet Essie why on earth did you choose this job of all jobs?

“One must be prepared Essie. Get a hold of yourself alright?”

“remember, this what you’ve trained for”