Summer

*BEEP* *BEEP* *BE...*
I groggily shut my alarm clock off on my phone and go through my text messages. And 7 miss calls all from my best friend.

Alex: Morning

Alex: Yo you up yet?

Alex: HEY! We can't miss our flight like last time Ariah.

Shit.
   I forgot today was the day Alex and I go on our surfing trip to Florida. After I texted her back I checked the time we have to be at the airport by. Good we have 2 hours.

   By the time I was done packing Alex was sitting on my bed gawking about all the hot surfer guys we'd meet.

  My mother, Vivian, drove us to the airport. She was a taller women and a little on the muscular side. People get intimidated by her even though she's very nice. She has platinum blonde hair that she gets redone every month, high cheekbones, plucked eyebrows, glowing skin do to getting facials, and plump lips.

    From what I've seen she's always been this put together. Her and I have a good relationship. Most people don't know this but she has a great sense of humor. I adore her and so does my father.

   My father, Greyson, is a little different than my mother. He is taller than her and buff. He has grey hair and a rough beard. Tattoos cover his arms but are normal covered up by a suit.

  There are a lot of things I've learned from my parents. My father taught me to MMA, boxing, and other types of fighting. We go to a shooting range every Friday to let off steam and asks about my life.

  My mother taught me to be kind but strong. She always said "honey, it's okay to loose your spark, but when you get back up raise a whole damn fire". Just like my father we have a spa day together every Wednesday.

  On Sundays we go to church like a lot of family do. My family is pretty normal in my opinion. But with being rich everyone thinks  our family is a mess.

   We arrived at the airport on time and I teased Alex about how we were going to be "sooo late". In return she punched my shoulder.

  Alex and I have been friends since 5th grade. We've drifted away a few times but always get annoyed with other people's shit and go back to each other. She's a nice girl but I wouldn't get on her bad side. I remember a few years ago another girl called her a bitch and without flinching Alex jabbed her in the nose. She ended up getting suspended from school for a few days.

  After Alex and I met I got her into fighting. Over the years she's become very good. She has dark hair, a slim but strong body, and grey eyes (that are so pretty). She's got a great sense of humor, which I love about her.

  Finally the time has come to board the plane. And off to Florida we went. We started going to Florida together three years ago but this is our first year going by ourselves. I was pretty excited and I could tell she was too by the smile that hasn't left her face since this morning.

  After the flight attendants were done we shared her headphones. New world order by Flatbush Zombies starting playing causing
both of us to sing. People were probably staring but to us that didn't matter. We were happy.

  After a few rap songs Alex changed the music to calmer music causing me to get sleepy. The flight is 4 hour so I shut my eyes and drifted off to sleep.