『Prologue』

Screaming was all Alex could hear as she ran down the street. It was following her every step of the way. Teasing her at every corner. Whispering nothing but everything all at the same time. "Get away from me!" Her arms swinging, going any which way. "I didn't do it! I'm innocent!" She tried explaining.

Tripping over what seemed to have been a branch, she busted her knee. She began yelling out into the nothingness, holding her leg close to her. It hurt like hell, but she still has to go on. She can't die here, not yet.

Click. Click. Click. The sound of heels approached her. Alex had to get up now. She just has to. She has no other way out of this. With her knee bleeding almost non-stop, her vision became blurry. The lights that surrounded her seemed to be dim now. Where did they come from?

"Oh, Alex." She knew it was over now. "My dear, Alex." The harshness in her voice was deadly. The air that surrounded them had became thick. "You really thought you could escape? From me?" The voice laughed, it was dark.

"I-I'm sorry! Please, I won't tell anyone! I just..." Alex broke down. "I want to go home. I have chil-children. Please..." Her throat burned while the tears stained her face. The woman in front of her slowly placed a hand on her cheek. Caressing her face.

In a short whisper, she asks her, "Do you really think I believe that?" Jabbing a piece of glass into Alex's side, she gargled the blood in her mouth that seemed to be like her knee. Neverending red. "I know what you are."

Alex's face began to harden like glass, and the hand pressed against it began to crack the glass. The blood no longer there. In its place, held salt.

"Goodnight, bitch."