Blind Man

A man who could see all was not susceptible to much. He could not succumb to the seductions of society; he saw what society truly was. He saw what everyone wanted to be and who they actually were. Their fantasies and realities. A man who could see all could not be blinded. In fact, this man, as fortunate as he was, wanted to be unfortunate. He wanted to be blind.

A man walked around knowing what and who he saw. Until he could not. Until he was unable to see. All he knew is that he saw a girl. A girl who he could not see. A man stumbled and tumbled, trying to see this girl, but he could not. The girl walked towards him. A blind man he now was. This is what he wanted, is it not?

All he could see was her, but he could not. He knew everyone was else was watching, but they were even blinder than he was. The people saw a man and the girl but did not see them. The girl was troubled, with problems even an all-seeing man could not fix no matter how much he tried. No matter how much he wanted to. All a man wanted was for the girl to be better. Maybe a man was too blind. It was not only physical beauty a man was blinded by. No. A man was blinded by who this girl is. He was blinded by how beautiful this girl is.

A man who could see all no longer could see. Because of the girl.