Last normal moments

It's 11:00 pm.

With my windows open and the trees rustling with the noisy -melodious as well- beetles. It's dark outside. The white and grey color of the moon shines, giving light to the dark streets- besides the street lights.

The wind swings through the window, making strands of my hair fly away. The moon shines with pride. My eyes focus back to the book that gives me worries about tomorrow's test: Algebra, from the thought of appreciating the night's weather.

I am neither able to bear the pain under my eyes nor am I able to control the hunger in my stomach. So, I simply walk down the steps to reach the kitchen for an apple or two.

As I make my way back to my bedroom upstairs, I find my mom's orange files dropped open at the small wooden table in my hall. I look around to see if my mom is there - I don't find her anywhere.

I sigh at the thought of her forgetting to pack her stuff. Well, It's okay... she is doing a lot of work these days - finding a cure for a disease that I don't know.

I put down the apple aside and pick up all her files, and stash them all up at her desk.

" Thank you so much! I was too tired to set them back to my desk! ," says my mom out of the blue - which nearly freaked me out !

I gasp due to fear.

"Mom, don't scare me that way! ... Anyways, you should be resting by now..you seem weary..," I say, looking at her dreary eyes.

"Oh...I am sorry. But, um...I still have to find out the side-effects of that cure .What about you? Still up for tomorrow's frightening exam?,"asked mom, mockingly.

I chuckled at her goofy look and nodded.

"Honey, you don't have to worry about a dot! You will do wonderfully! I know you well. After all, credits goes to me because I made you like this!," she said, smirking.

I rolled my eyes and said, "Yeah....yeah, all the credit goes to you".

"Off you go now. I am warning you... Study more and you'll lose your mind," she said, as she turns her back to carry her laptop to her room.

"Thanks mom," I said, finishing my apple and chuckling my way to the bed of warmth which tempts me to sleep.

As I lay down, my eye lids fall heavy and finally, closes....taking me to another world.   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My day starts off with the alarm ringing in my ear. Yawning my way to the bathroom, I get ready. The warm water that flows over my skin helps me feel ready to face the day. Of course, even if it's a monday morning. I pick my duffel bag and school bag downstairs.

The stairs creak as I go down as their age has finally come for it to break. My thoughts drift away when I smell the delicious breakfast waiting for me....it makes my stomach gurgle of starvation. "Mmmm! what's for today's breakfast?," I ask as I sit with my dad and my brother, Sam.

Sam is a brunette like I am and he's just 3 years younger than me. Luckily, he's not one of those kids who get bullied but, he's definitely the ones who get hurt everyday because of athletics. Well, I am more of a soccer fan, not athletics. Soccer really brought joy to my depressing days. It was also fun. To be honest, I don't know why I love soccer. To simply put it: I just love it.

"Pancakes with whipped cream!!," exclaimed mom, holding out her spatula. I show out a great smile to my mom...but somehow, there's something off about her today. I could see dark circles in her eyes and clearly shows that she didn't sleep the whole night! She must be really weak. So, I get up and walk towards my over-tired mom.