The fire

In a small village, lived a girl named Jamie, she lives in an orphanage. She's a 12 year old girl, confident, brave, adventurous and a trouble maker. Jamie has brown braided hair, freckles all over her nose and greenish, blue eyes. She works for Agnes, the owner of the orphanage, Agnes makes her do errands for her, clean the orphanage and make dresses. Jamie has a best friend, named Nico. Nico is a 12 year old boy who works for his father that is a lumberjack. He's adventurous, shy, curious, smart and polite. Nico has messy dirty blond hair with grayish eyes. His dad is very strict about going outside when it's dark because he says that there's dangerous creatures that lurk outside at night. Nico believes his dad but he thought to himself "Isn't there guards to protect us at night and in the day? Wouldn't we be safe?". He still obeyed his father's orders though. One morning, there were screams coming from the village central. Jamie woke up and decided to go check what all the fuss was about, before she made her to the village central she came to get Nico first.
*Knocks on the door*
-"Hello? Oh hey Jamie, are you here to pick up Nico? says Nico's dad.
-"Hello Mr. Lake!! Yes, is he awake?" asks Jamie.
-"I'm not sure but I'll call him out" he then shouts "NICO WAKE UP, JAMIE IS HERE TO PLAY, GET UP!"
Jamie then asks Mr. Lake:
-" Hmm Mr. Lake did you hear screaming from the village central? It woke me up 10 minutes ago."
Mr. Lake replies with:
-"Yes i did hear the scream, i wanted to see what it was about but i have a lot of work to do today, we've been having more customers lately, our wood buisness has been busy."
-"Oh wow, the buisness must be hard to keep up with, huh?" says Jamie
-"Indeed but i have to make money to feed Nico and myself." replies Mr. Lake

They both hear Nico running down the stairs in a hurry. He seems out of breath.
-Nico, did you over sleep again? says Jamie with a sigh
-"Heh yeah, sorry...I'm....just out of... breath" says Nico breathless.
-"It's fine but come on i wanted to check out why i heard screaming at the village central!" says Jamie impatiently.
-"Okay, okay, please wait for me!" says Nico when Jamie starts running.
When they get to the village central Jamie stops running.
-"Hey Jamie why did you..." says Nico in shock
They both see fire everywhere, it was a disaster. Jamie jumped in to try to save the villagers that were still alive. Nico shook, jumped in too after Jamie.
-"JAMIE, STOP, COME BACK YOU'LL DIE!!" screamed Nico
-"NO, NICO I NEED TO SAVE THESE PEOPLE, THEY HAVE FAMILIES THAT CARE FOR THEM, I CAN'T JUST LET THEM GO TO WASTE!!" screams Jamie in tears

Nico stopped screaming. He knew what she meant by that phrase. He thought to himself: "She's too kind, poor Jamie, she lost everything but still wants to help others..." Nico starts tearing up, he then runs after Jamie to save the others in the fire too. Jamie notices Nico behind her and cracks a smile. Jamie then hears a baby crying, she follows the sound of it and sees a goblin, trying to take the baby from the mom. Jamie dashes in with a stick she picked up from the ground and started hitting and kicking the globin until he couldn't get up. She told the mother to take her child and run out of the fire as fast as she could. The women then ran through the fire to a safe place while Jamie tries to find survivors, Nico comes a bit late to find Jamie barely breathing on the burning ground. He's shocked and doesn't know what to do but he knew there wasn't much time left. He knew her condition, she wasn't like the other villagers or children in the village, she had breathing problems that were very severe for her age, the doctors didn't have the medication for her to heal, Agnes didn't really care about her condition and just needed her as someone who works for her at the orphanage. Nico then decides to pick Jamie up and put her on his back, he then took the path Jamie went through to find the mother and child.