My Beautiful Mistake [ONE-SHOT]

MY BEAUTIFUL MISTAKE

by Ellaiza Mae L. Lara

Today, I woke up as early as eight o'clock in the morning and realized I don't have anything else new to wear. I decided to go to Shangri-La Plaza to buy some new clothes. It's my 18th birthday today. Hooray. Oh and by the way, note the sarcasm. My mom and dad? I don't have any. I don't know them anymore. Or should I say, at all? They never cared about me. I don't have any siblings or whatever.

Before I went inside the mall, I lit my Black Devil cigarette and texted my best friend, Tiffany. I typed the words, "Already here. You?" then hit the send button. A few minutes later, I felt my phone vibrate. It says, "Behind you." From Tiffany.

As if on cue, I immediately looked back.

"What took you so long?" I said, looking at my watch.

"Chill babe. Just organized your 'party'." she said, half rolling her eyes, half smiling.

Yup, since I don't have anyone else to call as my family, my best friend was the only one who's always there for me.

I sighed. "So how was it?"

"The Madlang Tropa said that they will be going later." Tiffany said.

We talked and talked about random things as we enter the mall.

We bought dresses for us to wear for my party later at T.G.I. Friday's. My best friend rented the whole place since her father is business partners with the owner.

At seven o'clock in the evening, we are on our way to T.G.I. Friday's.

I watched my friends dance on the dance floor as I drink my fifth glass of Heineken. I'm a heavy drinker, just so you know. I was just watching them until a guy approached me. I pretended like I didn't notice him.

"Having fun?" he shouted.

I looked at him. Well, he seems nice. I think he's my former colleague back when we were in high school. He's Marvin, I think? Oh well.

"Yeah." I said, wearing my most gorgeous smile. Haha. Slut.

We just talked there about random things, 'how are you' conversations. I didn't even realize I was drinking my ninth glass already. Oooh, that's why I'm feeling kind of tipsy.

After a few minutes of being sober, Marvin asked me to dance. And I almost accept promptly.

He grabbed me and before I knew it, we were dancing.. and dancing.. and dancing..

Our bodies were literally glued together. And because I'm already tipsy, I can't help but just go with the flow. I can feel the heat inside me growing and growing. It's like every second dancing with him makes me more sweaty. I don't know what I'm feeling anymore but yet, I still continue whatever I am doing. And the next thing I knew, he grabbed my hand and we ran fast. Out of this place. Out of this world. I got in his silver lamborghini and he took me somewhere.... red, green and white.

When I woke up, that's when I realized I have committed the BIGGEST MISTAKE OF MY LIFE. I panicked. I saw my clothes scattered. I can't remember a thing about yesterday. Oh wait.. i remembered something.. F*CK! I did not?!I scanned the whole room and found out.. he's not here. THAT MOTHERF*CKING B*STARD! THAT SON OF A B*TCH!

On that same day, I tried to look for him but I didn't find anything about him.

After a few weeks, I found out that Marvin and his family already migrated to the States. That jerk! Ugh. I really don't know what to do! There's so many things bothering me. I have missed my period already.. And I think I'm pregnant. Oh. My. God. Just thinking about it makes me feel desperate. Very desperate. I need someone. But I don't know who to turn to. I don't want my best friend to know my situation because she might change the way she looks at me. So I decided to keep it a secret for a while until I find a solution.. And that's when it hit me.. ABORTION.

"No I can't do it. Maybe I'm not really pregnant. I need to be sure." Said the voice inside me.

I bought three pregnancy test kits just to be sure.

A week has already passed and I still haven't used them. I'm really scared. What if I'm pregnant? I really don't know what to do. But no. I have to do this.

And guess what?

POSITIVE.

All three of them.

And that's when I decided to tell my 'mom' about it. At first, she was really angry and disappointed. I can't blame her, really. I'm disappointed at myself too. I cried and cried real hard.

I didn't wish any of this!

But in the end, my mom told me to keep this creature inside me.

After 9 months of struggles and pain, I bore a beautiful baby girl named Samantha. And that's when I realized I've committed the most beautiful mistake. She changed me. From a monster, into a real person. Because of her, my eyes were opened to face my ugly, messed up reality. Because of her, I decided to fix my used-to-be-f*cked-up life. And because of her, I realized that my mother & father truly cared for me. She changed me. Samantha changed me.

My Samantha is my beautiful mistake.

--

Rewritten :)

Hope you guys like it! <3