A Temporary Farewell

"The people are so joyous." The words were a whisper on the wind, so slight that the woman beside Lyse barely heard her.  Azelyn tilted her head, hair tickling her neck with the movement.  

"Indeed.  Yours will be soon as well," the warrior spoke, glancing at her fellow Scion.  

"It seems so far..."

"Not as far as you think."

....

Eyes drifting upwards, Azelyn was taken aback at the height difference between her newfound Auri friend and herself.  The girl in pink was quite a few inches taller, but it was when she spoke of Hien that the warrior paused and took in her words.  She was energetic when she spoke of the lord they sought and it seemed that she knew of his location.

Upon retrieving the items she was asked of, the girl told Azelyn where to find the Lord and her friends departed to find him.  This was the man that Gosetsu and Yugiri spoke of so fondly and reverently.  The strong feelings told her that he was important, but she wondered exactly what his attitude was.  He cared for Doma.  That was obvious when they had told her of the ultimatum that he issued Yugiri.  The answer had lead to a search.

The result of the search held a sort of surprise, Azelyn thought with humor.  He was a boisterous man, loud and happy with the world despite what was happening in the world around them at the time.  He was overjoyed to hear of his homeland and see his friend, even seemed pleasantly surprised to meet herself and Lyse.  The overall effect was intoxicating and she found herself smiling softly as he talked with them, explaining his purpose hear and imploring what would happen there.

It appeared they would be staying for some time longer.

...

The first night, Azelyn wandered from the camp of the Mol, looking out over the land that belonged to her sisters and brothers.  It was a vast plain, leading into a desert some time away, but the feeling it gave her was overwhelming.  This is where her parents had come from.  This had been their home.  

A singular sigh flew from her lips as she smiled.  The star was the same.  Yes, they were in all different positions, but it was the same unmoving sky.  They twinkled the same as they normally had above the Eorzean sky that she had come to know so well.  They even twinkled as bright as those in the dragonlands and Ishgard.  

A clearing of the throat caused her to whirl, a hand resting on the hilt of her rapier, the other hovered over the stone encased crystal.  "Who presses to sneak upon me?"

"Tis only I, Warrior of Light."  She relaxed at hearing Hien's voice, letting her hands fall back to rest at her sides.

"You gave a fright.  Not the sharpest move, my Lord," she said.  She turned fully to look at the man, her bright eyes blinking at his lack of a sword. 

"I am afraid you are correct, but would you not call me Hien?  You are helping to win back my homeland," he replied, coming to a standstill beside her.  "The stars are claiming your attention this night?"

"Yes, they are." Azelyn turned once more, her gaze returning to the pinpricks, an ease returning to her chest.  She could breathe once more.  "They are familiar and remind me of home."

"Home?"

"Not this place.  My parents, at least one, had been born here and taken at a young age.  I was never told the full tale.  No one else is alive who knows it," she said, flicking a look in his direction.  He was watching her closely.  "I have always been an oddity, but becoming an adventurer amended some of the staring, made it normal even.  As did becoming what I have."