07. A Pirate's Idea of Fun

⊰ S E V E N ⊱

⊰ S E V E N ⊱

A PIRATE'S IDEA OF FUN

I woke up in the morning feeling oddly excited. Despite being caught under a siren's spell, I found happiness in the fact that we would be stopping in town. Spending a day on land was always enjoyable since we got time to do whatever we wanted. We could eat, we could socialize, we could explore, we could steal. Of course, the best part of it all was competing against the others to see who could make out with the most valuables by the end of the day.

Rolling out of bed, I quickly changed into a loose white shirt, dark brown pants, and black boots. I tied my hair into a side braid, then secured a bandana around my head. I grabbed the bag that sat in the corner of the room and put the strap over my shoulder. Finally prepared for the day, I stepped out of my room and made my way to the main deck.

I soon realized I must've slept in for once as everyone was already up and moving. Jin and Namjoon were fixing the sails, Hoseok was leaning over a map with Yoongi, and Jungkook and Taehyung seemed to be fighting over the who would steer at the helm. As my eyes looked toward the bow of the ship, I noticed Jimin leaning against the wooden railing and staring out at the ocean. He was finally clothed, wearing a loose white shirt, black pants, and black boots. It was odd seeing him in clothing, especially since they hung loosely on him.

"You're not going to jump into the water, are you?" I asked as I went up to him.

He looked over his shoulder and smirked. "There'd be no use in doing that since you're my ticket to freedom, darling." He turned around, then leaned back and rested his elbows against the railing behind him, training his gaze on me.

"I guess I'd be pretty eager to escape that curse, too." I walked closer to him and reached out to fix the collar of his shirt. "If you're going to pass as a human, you'll need to work on your dressing skills," I said as I finished adjusting it. I looked up and noticed that he was staring at me carefully, as if memorizing each detail of my face. I cleared my throat and took a step back.

"So would now be a good time for our second makeout session?" His velvety voice flirted and I had to fight the temptation to step closer to him again.

"Not gonna happen," I forced the words out of my mouth despite the annoying urge in the back of my head that wished to say yes. I couldn't give in so easily to the power his voice held. I had to resist it.

His laugh filled my ears and I looked up to see his eyes smiling.

"You know I could just convince you to kiss me again, right?" His question sounded more like a threat to me, and I scoffed at his attitude.

"Don't. I already agreed to giving you my blood, so just take it without asking for more, alright? No need to be so greedy." Despite the uneasiness he brought me, I tried my best to tease him and appear like he wasn't affecting me. But from the way he was staring, I was positive he could see right through it.