The Fall from the Social Ladder

The Brooke family was a very wealthy family, with one little daughter by the name of Margret and a newborn son by the name of Arthur. They had no mother, she'd long since disappeared to gods-knows-where. 

The villages could still remember her, a beautiful woman with oblivion-black hair, electric green eyes and forever red lips. Her name they did not remember, it was as though someone had wiped it from their memories and only a shadow remained. Was it Lara? No, probably Zara. Or was it Yara?

The two young children were left with their father. And not long after her disappearance the father's wealth was lost. No one but the family knew how it was all lost. But all the villagers felt that the family was sinister, after their loss of wealth, suddenly the rest of the villagers' wealth increased.

The Brookes' son, Arthur died that summer. The daughter and father's luck was rapidly depleting. They moved from their grand manor to a townhouse and from the townhouse to the streets. The villagers offered their pennies and corners and crusts to the two and few had made sure to make regular visits but late that winter, the Brookes vanished. They where just gone.

No one knew where they went and half of them weren't bothered by their disappearance at all.