Extinct (One Shot)

As the years passes by and technology invades our world, people had been unaproachable... I has been a long time since I spotted families bonding in the park and really enjoying their time. Movies. I told myself. Only in movies that I still see children lurking around and pretending to be treasure hunters while their parents happily chat with some freinds and have a great time.

It has been a long time...

All are gone...

Children playing, happy couples, parents outdoor, and GENTLEMEN...

All are gone...

They are EXTINCT...

★★★

As I walk to the pavement and feeling the cold winter blow, I was thinking deeply. Can their be a miracle and make the time go back where people are enjoying their lives and not dreading to work until they die. Eventually...

Charllote Bricks... this is what my mother's favorite name... and fortunately, it belongs to me. Don't conclude that I am being sarcastic... its true I'm fortunate to have that name. BUT now I'm cursing it.

It kept reminding me of my good-for-nothing father that left us hanging. He left us for another woman. What a BASTARD. His name's Charles... that's where my mother got my name from.

I became an anti-social person when he left us. My mind kept saying that all who came would eventually go, so I always push people away when they approach me, but there is one person that doesn't stop on talking to me and staying beside me. I don't know if he's insensitive or just a plain idiot. He was a late transfery last month. A popular kid. Maybe because he's good-looking. Yeah you heard me. GOOD-LOOKING. Eventhough I'm an anti-social person doesn't mean I don't have the right to critic who's whatever they are.

"Good morning Miss I-hate-the-world-and-all-the-living-being-in-it." Speaking of the devil. Here he is now walking beside and obviously mocking the hell out of me.

I didn't talk to him to say 'good morning' and I only quicken my phase to get away from him. "Hey! Wait up!" He said and I walk faster but then, "Aaaah." I met the floor. Yeah good morning to you too floor.

"Hmpf... here let me help you." He said and lend his hand in front of me for support.

"No." I stated sharply. "I can do it on my own." I tried to stand but "Owww." I met the floor again. Oh I so love the floor on the road.

My left foot was sprained and it hurts like hell. "I told you, you need my help." He said then picked me up... bridal style. "H-hey! P-put me d-down!" I stammered and felt a blush comming out of my cheeks. Why am I blushing?! WTF!!!

★★★

"There you go." We arrived at school and at the nurse's office.

"T-thank y-you." I said to him while looking at the window. I don't know why but it seems like I'm being nervous whenever he's near me...

Days had passed and he kept on accompanying me. The boy's name is Claude Blue and I think I would take back what I've said about gentlemen being extinct, because I pesonally must say that he's a fine gentleman.

"Okay see you tomorrow." Claude said while shuffling my hair then waved at me before heading the opposite direction.

"Bye." I said while looking at the ground because I can feel that a blush is creeping in my cheeks. If you're asking why I'm blushing is because I think I'm falling for that gentleman.

I entered our house and went straight to bed. Tomorrow is another day. And there I doze to sleep.

★★★

Today is a cloudy day. The sky is dark, maybe it's going to rain. As I enter the gate of our school, I notice a boy but not just any boy but it's Claude! Hehe I can't help to be excited whenever I see him.

I was about to cone closer to him when I noticed that he's with someone so I hid on a tree near me to eavesdrop on them. What?! Can't an anti-social girl eavesdrop on her crush?! And I'm curious. VERY curious.

"Relax babe. I was just playing with her." Claude said. Who is he toying? Is it me?

"You better be! And why do you keep on accompanying that good for nothing anti-social girl?!" The girl said. Realization hit me. It was me right?!

"It's just a bet me and my friends made. She's nothibg to me. I never intend to talk to her. She's a wierdo!“ He said while having a face of digust in his face.

I can't stand hearing such harsh words from him. If other people say those words to me, I wouldn't mind at all. Who the hell are they! But the person who said that is the boy I fell for and it pains me.

The rain starts pouring and I never care to open my umbrella. I was in a deep thought.

All wonderful for me in this world are extinct...

Even GENTLEMEN...

END~