Chapter 1

I'm not fully human.

I was born completely human, a perfectly normal infant.

But that changed in a matter of seconds.

In the year of 4152, a war broke out. World War IV, and it was so deadly, so lethal, it seemed like neither side had won.

The whole world was at war with one another, everyone had a reason to hate someone else, and as a result, it seemed like everyone had become a brutal murderer.

It raged on for years, but finally in 4201, it had to stop, or every living being on Earth would've surely become extinct.

All humans were on the verge of becoming endangered, the population had seemed to plummet by the second.

Buying, selling, trading with all countries came to an end. All the remaining people that were left in their countries had to scavenge, take what they found, make their own food, purify their own water, build their own shelters from nothing.

And no land looked better than another.

It was all just waste, rubbish, garbage. People lived in little shacks made of stray cardboard, they were lucky to find any water to bathe in.

And no one was any richer, or poorer than anyone else.

Everyone, isolated in their own country, had nothing.

It seemed reasonable to just begin again, come up with a new sort of government.

America was the first to organize a system of trade with one another.

They began searching for any tool, book, material, or resource that could help build, or learn how to.

Decades later, in the year of 4532, life in America thrived, and other countries were beginning to regain their strengths and powers.

Populations grew everywhere, technology was ever so advanced, and life was enjoyable.

However, government leaders were worried a new war might break out, and the cycle of loosing everything would repeat itself.

And so, the process of genetically-altered soldiers began.

Adoption agencies were now used for the government to take infants, and inject them with a sort of liquid. This liquid would alter the brain, and enhance the amygdala, which is the part of the brain at is responsible for decision-making, memories, and emotional reactions. This liquid would also change a way of thinking, and improve combat and weapon skills.

Once this liquid is injected into the subject, it would grow and better itself in the human system and blood circulation over time.

Then, the child-subject would be raised in government quarters. Their every move was watched. Everything they ate or drank was carefully monitored in the cafeteria, so it would help better the system, rather than weaken it.

When the child met the age of fourteen, the liquid was at it's maximum potential.

Then, the child would be placed in a monitoring room, where their every action would be watched and noted.

They would be in a simulation, of sorts. A duplication of World War IV, in the year of 4152.

Depending on how high you ranked, you would be placed in a group, measured by a danger rating. One being lowest on the danger rating, Five being highest. You were classified by your ranking, by colors.

Fives have their hair color dyed blue, they undergo a simple procedure with a quick flash in their eyes that changes their eye color to blue, and their wardrobe consists of blue. Sometimes, the government approved of black, but one article of clothing must be blue.