Every Storm

I know you're feeling like you just can't win, but you're trying
It's hard to keep on keepin' on, when you're being pushed around
Don't even know which way is up, you just keep spinning down, 'round, down
Every storm runs, runs out of rain
Just like every dark night turns into day
Every heartache will fade away
Just like every storm runs, runs out of rain
----Every Storm, Gary Allan

February 6, 2019

Grayson had known there would be snow in Utah. But this storm was like nothing he'd ever experienced.

Cait rolled out of bed and laughed at him looking out with his nose practically pressed to the window. "Babe, it's just a little snow," she murmured, sliding her arms around his waist from behind.

"It's not a little anything," Grayson grumbled. "Do you believe this?"

"I've seen worse," she laughed. "C'mon, let's get some breakfast."

He grumbled a little more, but let her lead him to the kitchen.

*****

Shoot around was cancelled again.  But Cait had physical therapy.  She assured Grayson that she'd be fine and went to that.  And Grayson again found himself using her bike and then just looking out the windows. 

He meditated for awhile, trying to force himself to stay calm and just concentrate on the moment he was in.  And he found time to make some plans for Valentine's Day.

*****

Cait drove Grayson to the arena and went back home.  Her Florida boy really did have no business driving in this weather.

But she dropped him with a kiss and a reminder that whatever happened, he would be fine.

*****
The Suns were not very good, but the Jazz didn't exactly play their best basketball. They were up by ten at the half, but had racked up turnovers and weren't really shooting very well.

It didn't get better in the second half.  Phoenix got to within four points in the third quarter before the Jazz seemed to wake up.  They were up by eight at the end of the quarter.

The Jazz finally opened up at twenty point lead in the later half of the fourth quarter. But Coach Snyder left his starters on the floor.

Grayson finally got in with three minutes remaining. He got a rebound, but missed two shots. And the Jazz won, 116-88.

That performance probably wasn't going to make him feel a whole lot more comfortable about the next day.  Cait just hugged him and took him home.

February 7, 2019

Grayson knew that he shouldn't keep paying attention to the speculation and the rumors. He'd taken Jae's advice and stayed off of social media. But the speculation found him anyhow.

He repeated to himself all the things that Cait had said to him. That he couldn't control it. That it might be better. But fear of the unknown wasn't pleasant.

Now all he had to do was go lift, practice and go to a film session and make it past one o'clock. Then, one way or another, he'd have his answer.