Chapter 1- First meeting

Haruhi Fujioka. Recognize that name? Of course you do, she is commoner who landed a huge scholarship in the prestigious school, Ouran Academy. She's the one who excels in mathematics, science, Japanese, English, sports, and home economics. She's the one who's the most popular girl in middle school, getting confessed to constantly. She's the naive, and dense, but blunt and carefree personality that captivates everyone. That's Haruhi Fujioka.

 And me? I'm just Hotaru Fujioka. It isn't a surprise that you don't recognize that name. After all, I am the shadow sister, second place to my sister, except for art. And what's art going to do? Desperately sell out paintings one after another while my sister is building a steady company, getting rich?

I'm Hotaru Fujioka, the black sheep of the family, and this is my story.

<<<>>>-<<<>>>-<<<>>>-<<<>>>-<<<>>> 

"I-I got in!" Haruhi said, holding up the letter to our dad, who was dressed in drag. Ranka squealed and started jumping up and down, hugging her beloved daughter.

"Oh my gosh! Congratulations! That's my little girl!" Staring at the half completed happy family, I put my earphones to my ears and started sketching again, of the happy family of my dreams. A caring mother, a mature and wonderful father, and one little girl. Just one, one special and unique little girl, in the gentle arms of her parents, smiling happily. Once I completed it, I stared at it, satisfied. Haruhi peeked over my shoulder.

"What'cha drawing there?" She asked awkwardly, bending down, her dark silky brown hair falling over her shoulder, as her big hazel eyes stared into my dark blue ones. We haven't had a comfortable conversation since the third grade, when Haruhi started getting too smart for me. Haha, what am I saying? It was fourth grade since Haruhi skipped third grade.

I ripped out the page and crumpled it before Haruhi saw it.  She shot straight up, shocked by the noise. I stood up, and threw the crumpled piece of paper into the trash can. She looked at me, a bit shocked but sad. I kept my earphones on, and left to go to our room, and pulled the curtains so that it split the room in half. I threw myself onto my bed, and took out my phone, and went on deviant art to submit some new paintings. Haruhi came and brushed aside the curtain, and sat down on the side of my bed.

"Um, I got into Ouran." She said quietly. I flicked my eyes towards her, then looked back to my phone, staring at the screen, before saying,

"Cool, want a trophy or me to congratulate you or something?" I asked. She furrowed her brows.

"No, just saying." She said, looking up at the ceiling, staring at the painting I made on there. She sighed, and looked at me in the eyes. "Hotaru?" I flicked my eyes towards her again. "Want to go and look around Ouran Academy?" She offered. I stayed quiet for a moment.

"Look around the fancy and beautiful top school in Japan that I'll never be able to go to, but my beautiful and genius sister can? Sure, why not." I said sarcastically, scrolling through the gallery of my favorite artist. She sighed.

"Oh come on Hotaru, it will be fun." She said, tilting her head forward. I paused, and turned off my phone, knowing she wouldn't stop unless I gave in. I slammed my phone onto the surface of the bed, frustrated.