Papa can you hear me?

Not all people are lucky enough to get a complete meal everyday, yet they are happy and blessed because they are gathered as a family.  I can say I’m so lucky to eat more than three times a day but still I can feel the emptiness because most of the time, we’re only two in the dining table.  Latest gadgets, money, school supplies, everything I need, I can have it, yet I can’t help but envy my cousins who I saw playing , talking and having fun with their father.  At the back of my head, something is always missing.

            I grew up in a society of three, my mother, my brother and I yet we seldom see each other.  Most of the time my brother and I were busy studying.  Every morning we eat breakfast together and at night he goes home while I was sleeping.  I’m always waiting for Sunday to come because it’s the day of our bonding, talking and going to church with my mother.  My father works abroad even before I was born. I don’t even remember my childhood days that we spent together.  I haven’t experienced celebrating my birthday with him thinking I’m already turning 14 years old.  During Christmas, yes I was surrounded with new clothes, my shoes, gifts and delicious food but it’s still incomplete I just heard his voice greeting “Merry Christmas Baby!”.  I couldn’t even tell him I’m grown up, when he had his vacation last year i don’t know how I feel.  I’m shy to approach him, to ask questions.  We’re like strangers, he don’t even know me likes and dislikes, the same with him.  Unlike my mother, she knew almost everything about me, my behavior, my likes, my leisure, she’s even present during my circumcision.  During the vacation, I found myself playing with him, talking, helping me with my project.  He cooked our breakfast and even prepared my school clothes.  I’m so happy, during those times, but after a month, I saw him packing his things again and telling me he’s leaving the next day.  I just smiled and told him “Take Care, God bless!”  Tears came rolling on my cheek.  I didn’t accompany him to the airport.  During the most memorable days of my life, my academic competitions, he wasn’t there.  I have been in many places competing, even abroad!, but his presence was the one I’m longing for.  How I wish he was there during my graduation.  Although I received the best gift from him, his hugs and kisses were enough to complete my happiness during those special moments.

            After my high school and continue to my dream of entering the seminary to serve God, will he be there to support and guide me? Will he be even support me?

            All the material thing that surrounds me, the convenient life I have now, nothing can replace the hug, kisses and presence of a father.  If I were to choose, I would prefer a simple life with a complete and happy family, but even though he’s miles away from us, our love and care never stops. Maybe at the right time, we will be together and looking forward spending more time with him.