Meeting You

Qibli's Prov:

Why?

Why did I have to go to school? With dragons outside my tribe no less!

Thorn led me towards the entrance of Jade Academy, many other dragonets and their parents passed us. "I really don't want to do this ," I complained.

Thorn sighed. "C'mon Qibli, this is your chance to learn everything about the other tribes ."

"That's the problem ," I said. "Why do I have to share the same air with other dragonets, my place is with you, and the Outclaws ."

"Just give it a try ," Thorn insisted. "There will be other SandWings, and Sunny will be there too ."

I opened my mouth to protest once more, but the glare from Thorn shut me up. "Fine ," I muttered.

Thorn nodded in approval. "And be nice."

I rolled my eyes.

Thorn dropped me off at the entrance before taking off into the sky. I looked inside of the mountain, where dragonets of all tribes gathered around in huddled groups. For a flicker of a second, I felt nervous, then I shook the feeling away.

You have nothing to feel nervous about, I told myself, you're a SandWing for moons sake! The greatest tribe in Pyrria! After the school year's over, you'll be back by Thorn's side. Just you see, the first dragonet you meet will be intimidated by you.

Suddenly, I heard a high annoying squeak, and I turned to see a scavenger running past.

Wait? Scavenger!

For some reason, I felt compelled to chase after it, and felt myself bolt in it's direction. I didn't want to eat the creature, I doubt they taste as good as fried scorpions, and I kinda respected the little things. It if weren't for them killing Oasis and starting the war, Thorn would never have been queen. I guess I was just curious about how a scavenger made it's way into the Academy.

But just when I almost had my claws on the scavenger, something large, and very cold, rammed into my side. I fell onto the rocky ground, and I turned to see a IceWing glowering at me. It was a very peculiar looking IceWing. He was smaller than me, he had a diamond earring in one ear, and his snout was dotted with numerous dark blue freckles.

Suddenly, the scavenger came running to the IceWing. The IceWing then picked it up and put the creature on his back. "Are you okay, Bandit? Did the mean SandWing hurt you? ," he cooed to it. He glared at me once more, with those arctic blue eyes. "Dude, what's your deal? What kind of dragon tries to eat someone's pet? ."

I growled, and stood up. "For your information, I wasn't trying to eat it. What kind of dragon has a scavenger for a pet? ."

" They're actually suitable companions ,"the IceWing replied. Suddenly, his glare disappeared as soon as it arrived, and he replaced it with the most goofy grin I had ever seen. "I'm Winter, by the way, thanks for not eating Bandit ."

I looked at him for a while. "I'm Qibli, one of the Outclaws, and Thorn's respected ally ."

" Ohhh, fancy ,"Winter said wistfully, his voice clearly filled with sarcasm.