Prologue

I sat there staring outside the exam room. The view itself was beautiful but l could hardly notice it. This was my final day in high school. This part was over but then what would happen to me? Even if l passed with flying colors nothing would come out of it. Ma could never afford to send me to university. My dad? Now that was another story. Thinking about him brought tears to my acne infested face. One of my school friends had called me sandpaper thinking he was jesting but i gave him an injury for that. I turned my focus to the task at hand, the divinity paper.
Lynn Dambra is my name. I am a twenty six year old lady. I am short, very short, and chubby. I wouldn't call myself ugly but well as they say, beauty is indeed in the eye of he that beholdeth. My parents separated when l was so young that l cant even recognise my Pa if l met him on the bus.Growing up, l went through a lot. I was forced by circumstances to grow up at a tender age. This is my story. And that of many others like me. The abandoned. The forgotten. The rejected.
By now i think you have realised this is not your kind of story. A fairytale? Far from it. It is the opposite. The untold truths of life. The reality. And how Jesus remains Lord in such a mess. How he gives beauty for ashes..