I Miss Him | Bakugou Katsuki

Though spring came, there was no welcoming it tonight

Though spring came, there was no welcoming it tonight. “We're here,” said Todoroki, turning the ignition off. Silence came upon the inside of the car. “Midoriya?” Todoroki called out next to him.

Midoriya's gaze laid on his folded hands. Todoroki wore a dark suit while Midoriya had come in his hero costume--having come here after the devastating and heartbreaking news. No one had been able to reach Midoriya as he was outside of the city conducting a secret operation which fortunately was completed without injury.

Todoroki looked outside from Midoriya's car window and spotted Ochako walking towards his parked car. “Hey,” he said, placing a hand on Midoriya's shoulder.

Midoriya came out his own thoughts and looked around, noticing their arrival. “We're here already?”

“Yeah,” Todoroki said and opened his door to get out. Midoriya released a shaky breath as he unbuckled his seat belt, a wave of shivering nerves rushing through his chest. Never did he imagine a day like this would come. It's been some while he hadn't spoken to Bakugou. Their work locations being the factor to such lack of conversation. Midoriya just didn't expect to meet Bakugou once again...like this.

It broke Midoriya to the core.

“I got a black coat for you to wear,” Todoroki said, closing the trunk and handing him his large coat.

“Thanks,” Midoriya said, slipping inside the coat and saw it reached an inch below his knees.

“Hey guys,” Ochako greeted, a solemn face adorning her usual cheerfulness.

“How you been?” Todoroki asked as he gave her a brief hug.

“Great. Work's been busy lately,” she responded and turned to face Deku. “It's been a while Deku,” she greeted, giving him a warm tight hug. “We feared you wouldn't make it.”

“Me too,” he said. “Thankfully I got your message in the way back.” He released her and looked at the funeral home.

“Is he still here?” Midoriya asked.

“Yeah,” she said quietly.

“When do they close?” Todoroki asked.

“In twenty minutes,” she said. “Almost everybody left home already. Only Bakugou's and his wife's family are left. I think some of them will sleep here tonight again.”

“They'll have the burial tomorrow?” Todoroki asked.

“The following day,” she informed. “They extended it another day.”