𝐭𝐰𝐨

vote and comment loves <3
_____________________________

Her eyebrows furrowed a bit as she reacted to my name, as most people did in the weirdest ways

Usually they'd laugh then find it sounded cool or like some name out of an anime but it never bothered me, I knew the true meaning to it and who it came from, and for that I loved my name.

The girl before me shifted from foot to foot on the spot, obviously uncomfortable.

"Gekyume, come on!" Jahsiah waved from the table.

Without exploring my options, I pulled the girl with me to the table, avoiding embarrassment for us both and sitting her down in the spare seat. The three at the table stared in confusion.

"Here have my hoodie to cover yourself up." I pulled my hoodie off and handed it to her as she still remained silent.

"What's your name?"

Her sweaty palms hinted she was nervous. "Anissa."

Not wanting anyone else to see her messed up top, she slid into my oversized hoodie which was huge on her petite frame.

"Thank you." Her mumble was barely audible.

"Well Anissa, are you new here? I've never seen you around." Joyri questioned eagerly.

"And what happened there?" She gestured to Anissa's shirt.

I could sense a minor hostility in her tone, Joyri was like that whenever I met a new person. She was serious about keeping our circle small, Siah was too but more subtly.

"My clumsy ass bumped into her and her food fell all over her." I spoke up while Siah and Mykel attacked whatever they were eating.

"I'm, My-"

"That's Mykel" I took over for him as he struggled to swallow his food.

"And that's Jahsiah" I spoke for her as she didn't even bother to introduce herself.
Depending on her mood she could either be a people's person or completely shut people out, never in-between.

Our uncles had bought us up to be extremely tight with one another and to stick with family specifically. Bringing Joyri and Mykel around was difficult for the first couple times as my family would be so cautious and ask way to many questions, but over the years we had gotten closer and they got to understand how my family worked.

We sat in silence, food was important to us all.

"Anissa, you wanna come to this party tonight?" I broke the silence.

"I just really wanna make it up to you, seeing as your new and I'm guessing this is a horrible first day, so please come tonight."

My eyes remained locked to the meek girl beside me as I felt Jahsiah's eyes burning into the side of my head.