Chapter 1

(y/n) – Your name

(h/l) – Hair length

(h/c) – Hair color

(e/c) – Eye color

(h/t) – Home town

You sighed as you stepped on to the school grounds. You hated high school because everyone viewed you as the nerd. You didn't really mind being a nerd, you loved to play games but what got you was the bullying. Everyday was the same and you hoped that today would be somewhat different. You were ripped from your thoughts as you felt your backpack being grabbed and you were thrown to the ground. You looked up with your (e/c) and saw the football team, the worst of the worst. The leader was Mark, the quarterback for the (h/t) bulldogs.

"Awe, did (y/n) fall down?" Mark asked in a baby voice before laughing. You stood, wiping the dirt off you and started to walk but he stopped you.

"I didn't say you could leave." Mark said, and the others surrounded you, blocking any exit you had. You looked at him, backing up a bit. He held his hand out.

"Give me your money, I forgot my wallet." He said. You dug in your pocket and handed him thirty dollars. He smiled, pocketed it and moved. You ran to the school's lockers and leaned your head on it, crying a bit.

"Why me." You whispered and grabbed the books you needed for math. Once you did, you went to your class and sat in the back, going over your homework. Your teacher ignored you, like every teacher does. Once the bell rang, you put it away and waited for everyone to come it and for class to start. Mark, who had class with you, sat by you. You kept your head low, feeling your (h/l), (h/c) hair fall in your face. He always did so he could cheat off you. You once told the teacher, but she just told you to be quiet. You went home with a black eye that day.

"(y/n)." You heard and looked at Mark. He handed you a piece of paper. You took it and read it, knowing what would happen if you didn't.

Give me your homework so I can copy it.

You sighed and handed it to him. The math teacher never collects homework until class is down, so students could use it for notes. He quickly copied it and handed it back, something he did so it wouldn't look obvious. You took it back but then heard the teacher clear her throat. You looked up and saw her staring at you both.

"(y/n), Mark stay after class." She said and went back to her leacher. You felt Mark punch you.

"Nice going (y/n)." He whispered. He sounded mad. You sighed once more and took notes. Once the bell rang, you and Mark walked up to her. She held on her hand. You and Mark gave her the homework. She looked at it, that at you both.

"(y/n), I'm surprised at you. You're my number one student yet your letting Mark copy your homework." She said. You opened your mouth to say something, but she turned away and looked at Mark.

"And you Mark, you aren't doing your homework. That is just as bad and grounds to lose that quarterback spot." She said but then sighed. Mark looked scared.

"Both of you will be serving detection. Go to your next class." She said, handing you both a note as to why you will be late. Mark walked out as you followed. The halls were empty, and you walked behind Mark. You wiped your eyes as you walked into your next class and sat at the only empty desk.

Today was different, just not the way you wanted it to be.