Breath One

Recommended soundtrack:  
Two by Sleeping at Last
Sick of Losing Soulmates by doodie
A Sky Full of Stars by Coldplay
Goner by TwentyOne Pilots
How to Save a Life by The Fray
Oceans by Seafret
Can't Help Falling In Love, by Elvis Presley (Twenty One Pilots cover)
Between Two Lungs by Florence + The Machine

Soundtrack link: http://open.spotify.com/user/starsneverlanding/playlist/1FX7gN24HNhmz1nXusmJ0V?si=06GK78vVSwqEydlXTwAE8w

.
.
.
-
.
.
.

Everyone is dying, we're just dying faster than most...

━━༺♬·¯·♩¸¸♪·¯·♫¸დ¸♫·¯·♪¸¸♩·¯·♬༻━━

Forever? What is forever? It's when something lasts so long it outlives everything else. Always lasting. Permanent. For all future time. A very long time. But nothing lasts forever. Nothing. Everything dies, everything has an expiration date, and everything is waiting for that expiration date to creep up on them from the dark.

Forever. A concept used as a hyperbole more times than not. It's what couples say to one another to keep the hope of them staying together alive for as long as humanly possible even though that hope had faded long ago. It's a word used by people to help hide the fear of something ending. It's a word of hope rather than an actual thing.

Nothing lasts forever because forever doesn't exist.

Katsuki knew nothing lasted forever. He'd been made aware of that far sooner than he would have liked. The kids back at his school always talked about forever, how they wanted to live forever or be with their partner forever. He wasn't going to live forever, he's known that for years. It wasn't the most pleasant thing weighing on his conscience but ever since his diagnosis coupled with his father splitting for an unknown reason shortly afterwards, his eyes had opened to expose reality and the fate that waited before him.

He had a theory as to why his father split after the news was broke to him and his parent's; his father couldn't handle seeing his child withering away. Most men couldn't handle tragedy, that's why he left, his mom had told him. To escape the tragedy that would come sooner or later. I'm never going anyway, even if you are a brat. She had smiled at him that day.

She lied.

She didn't leave, no. It felt like she did though. After his father vanished into thin air she stopped taking her meds, the ones that kept her stable. The ones that kept her bipolar in check. She stopped taking them and she fell back into the dark parts of her mind. During her lows, she didn't call him or go to visit. During her manic state, she showed up several times a day and argued with the nurses when they told her visiting hours were over. She spoke nonsense way too fast and practically bounced off the walls.

Katsuki's father had kept his mom's grounded, he would have kept her grounded if he stuck around. She didn't fall apart because her husband left, she was unstable from the moment her son's diagnosis registered in her brain. Him leaving was the straw that broke the camel's back.

And now he had to fight alone.

Outside the dirty hospital window way up high lay the clear blue sky. He often spent his days sitting in his uncomfortable hospital bed with his tired eyes gazing out the window, petty thoughts running rampant in his head.