Chapter 1

Emma's POV

I couldn't believe my brother was going to let my go out with everyone tonight. On a normal Friday night, my brother, Luke, would always deny me whenever I tried to tag along with the group. However, tonight was different I guess.

Luke and I have been inseparable since the day I was born. While he may be two years older than me, we're each other's other half. Not only the two of us, but also my best friend Chase, who in turn makes up our trio.

Chase, who is 18, spends the majority of his time at our house. Ever since him and my brother became friends back in middle school, Chase and I have bonded.

To describe our trio of friendship, both the boys are what could be considered the "bad boys" of Maplewood, the town which we reside in. They've stirred up more trouble than I want to admit that I know about and are also the most feared boys in school. I fit in as the little sister that nobody wants to mess with, to sum it up.

While Chase is 18 and still a senior in high school, my brother is 19 and he graduated last year. Luke spends nearly everyday working at the gym that he opened in town.

Therefore, I am a 17 year-old junior in high school who just got "allowed" to go to one of Chase and Luke's famous parties! I can honestly say I am so excited that I don't know what to do with myself. Except for the fact that I should probably go get ready if I truly plan on attending.

---

Once I was ready for the party that was taking place at Chase's house, I went downstairs only to be greeted with an empty driveway. My heart took a plunge off the deep-end. There was no way my brother just left me here when I know for a fact he said I could go with him.

Dialing his number, my blood started to boil. So when he picked up, I really gave it to him. "Lucas Rivers! Are you serious right now?! You told me that you would give me a ride and then you just up and leave me? You're unbelievable!"

Stopping to take a breathe, Luke uses it as his chance to defend himself. "Shit E, I'm so sorry. I thought I told you I was going early to help Chase."

Before he could continue, I started, "How am I suppose to get there now? You know I don't have a car, I literally rely on you and Chase. Now you're both busy."

"I'll figure it out E, don't stress."

Nearly 30 minutes had passed since Luke and I got off the phone. I was still waiting to see whatever he had planned to get me there, because pretty soon the party would be starting and I would miss it. I was about to get off the porch swing and ditch the whole night until I saw headlights coming up the drive, which meant only one thing. The night was saved.