Prologue/Basis

Tyler Edwards, 16 years old, Male, above average height, student, not in a club, no talents, no particular dreams for the future.

Yep, seems about right. I'm basically the symbol for normal highschool boys everywhere. Wait, then again wouldn't being a symbol make me unordinary.
......
Oh well. That's besides the point. To be honest, I'm not sure if I should even be worrying so much about this but I have to be sure, for Josh's sake.

It started two weeks ago...

Ahh man, can't believe I woke up late again. Mr. Thomas is so going to annoy me about this.

"Woah, Tyler. I  thought you said you would be extra early today."

When I entered class it was after the first session ended and the subject teacher left. Should I be glad that my homeroom teacher isn't here or anxious of the punishment to come?

"My alarm stopped working for some reason. I must be cursed to always be late. Anyways, why does the class feel so different?"

At my question, my best friend, Josh's face got a bit awkward. I've been with him since kindergarten so I'm confident I can say I know everything about him however,
that expression was a first.
It was like a mixture of confusion, joy and anxiety.

"I'm not really sure. I only got hugged by the transfer student and invited to lunch."

Oh, so that's why everyone looks like they want to bury you.
The week before, a super cute girl with luscious black hair and noble demeanour transferred into the neighboring class. When I first got a glimpse of her I wondered why she would come to this commoner's school.

Wait a second, did I just overlook a crucial piece of information.

"Did you just say she hugged you?"

"Uh, yeah."

I stared at Josh to get a nice long look. Brown hair, Caucasian, above average face, athletic but not good at studying, no particular talents.
Hmm, so a guy like this earned Miss Stewart's favour.

I don't get it.

"Josh, you didn't blackmail her right?"

"Of course not, what do you take me for!"
Josh quickly shouted back with a pouting expression.

Yeah, seems like this isn't an impersonator. But still, how?

"Then what did you do?"

Josh went back to his usual expression and replied, "Nothing really, I just helped her out when she lost something important."

I see, so the hug and lunch are to thank him. Wait.
Guy helps out pretty girl,
Pretty girl is new/doesn't have many friends,
Pretty girl gets closer to guy
...
It couldn't be-!

I look at Josh as if the entire basis of my life so far had been denied. In response, he only had confusion in his eyes.

Nah. I must be over thinking it.

Unfortunately, my guess was right.