Chapter I

Eren PoV

I've never wanted this power, but...

"Hey Eren, a guy that I think I like, just asked me out-", Mikasa asks me as an image flashes in my mind. An image of Mikasa crying while watching Armin being with another girl. Damn, Armin?! Life these days, it even ruins the best guys!

Sometimes I think it's useful.

"Is this guy, Armin?"

"H-How did you know?", she demands, looking at me directly in the eye.

"Just a hunch", I respond, leaning back into my computer chair.

"W-Well", she said as she turned her back to me once again. "What do you think I should say?"

"I think that maybe you should either (A) Play hard and test him or (B) Straight out reject him. He's like a bro to us, so I advice that you do it gently..."

"Alright", she nodded and lowered her head deep in thought with her eyes closed.

¤•°•¤

"I'm sorry Armin, but I can't see you being anything more than a best friend to me", Mikasa bowed to him in response to his confession.

Raising his shaking hands, Armin this time shook them in protest, "N- It's alright...! It won't be easy, but I think I'll get over it, in a while. But I don't regret, not one single bit!", he smiled with a small blush.

If only I was like him. Care-free of what might happen or what the response will be.

"Good for you Ar. Maybe one day you will find someone special. You never know, they might closer than you think", I said sheepishly.

"Shut up", he said teasingly. "Don't you even start on that. You don't even believe in fate!", he added because it was a fact. I didn't want to fool myself at the thought that someone is gonna be waiting for me, with open arms.

I don't deserve anyone. All I will ever get to do is see them be happy, with me as their love insurance.

"A new year's about to start!", I said. "And they might appear!"

¤•°•¤

A new year, a new year.... but why it's so fucking hot?! 

Goddamn it! Texas, why?! I know you're like the 2nd hottest state, but come on! Cut me some slack!

"Dad!", I knocked on the door of my parent's bedroom, well if I had to be honest, more like 'get-shit-faced' room. My parents usually sleep on the air bed in the living room, with my younger brother, while I sleep in my own room.

"What?!", my dad responded.

"I'm going to school early! I already took Nico!", I yelled at him.

"Okay! But lemme give you some money, take a taxi"

"Ok!", I responded sighing. I then took a step back as I heard some shuffling from the other side. Just then my mom opened the door, some dried out snot on above her lip as she looked at me drunkenly with a small drunk smile while handing me a ten dollar bill.

"Hae a goood day...", she slurred out to me as she shuffled back inside.

"Thanks", I muttered loud enough for her to hear as I walked towards our small kitchen, and cleaned a pot nearby, filling it a fourth with water, and placing it on the stove on the high level. Then, I walked towards my room, getting my backpack and computer bag ready. I then shivered, because my mom usually would have it freezing cold.

That's how it normally is in here.

¤•°•¤

"Yo!", I called out to Armin when I walked in my chattering classroom. Sure that the talking was normal, but it was way more louder than the usual. "What's up?", I asked getting some eye rolls and glares from my friends.

"Boi!", Historia a.k.a Tori yelled out. "Did. You. Forget?!"

"Kinda", I responded, sitting down in my seat, settling down my thermos and backpack.

"The field trip!", Tori yelled out. "Ring any bells? I texted it to you on the weekend. On Amino."

"May...", I droned as I went back into my head and through my memories, taking a sip out of thermos and tasting the coffee I made. And that's when I remembered (kind of unclearly) that in bold words Tori texted me the events that took place in our history class, on Friday when I was absent. "Oh! Now I do! Some.... France?", my answer then came out as a question.

"I'm done!", she seethed as she stood up abruptly with her hands holded up a way of surrender. "Boi! We're going a trip to Paris!", a yelled out while looking at the ceiling with a smile. I then looked over at Armin who gave me a look that said, 'Eh, that's good ol' Historia'. I then smiled at him as then a realization dawned over me as I could myself become nervous and pale as the smile left.

"Hey.... do I have to pay for the trip?"

Heyo!   :)

So yeah, first chapter is short, but I plan to make them longer. Thank you dearies~!

Until next time 🖐