Chapter One~The Life Of An Ant

I sigh as I sit on the window seat next to my sister,Bala. I look out the window to see the worker ants digging the Mega Tunnel. I huff and turn to my mother as she holds one of my larva brothers before he's assigned. It is so boring here living the life of an ant. Its the same routine over and over again.

Get Up.

Help Mom Give Birth.

Lay Down.

Look Out Of The Window.

Admire Cutter.

Wait. What? Cutter?!

I snapped my head over to the two soldiers who had just walked into the Birthing Chambers;General Mandible and Commander Cutter. I nearly keeled over in delight at the sight of the tall,winged ant.

"General."My mother called,as one of the helpers handed her another boy.

"My Queen...Princess Bala....Princess Aries."He bowed,and I sneered at him nastily."General."I nearly hissed as Bala greeted him more kindly.

"Commander."Mom called,as she handed the boy off to receive another one;a girl this time.

"My Queen. Princess'."Cutter bowed, kindly.

"Hello,Commander Cutter."I smiled,as I leaned back in the window seat. He looked up quickly before staring back at the ground.

Bala nodded to him in acknowledgement.

I watched as the General took one of the boys before handing him off to Cutter,who looked unsurely at him. I watched as the boy climbed around him trying to avoid his hands. I stood up and glided over to gently take the larva from him. "You were doing fine. Your almost a natural."I purred as I handed him over to my mother and going back to my seat by the window, feeling his eyes on my back. I lay down by the window and smile as I watch the workers head over to the bar after a long day of labor and work.

I sigh,wishing that I could have the freedom to do that.