January 2019-Cats

...

...

Ok, well then! Moving along!

Louie's P.O.V.

I sat quietly on the porch steps, staring ahead blankly. Suddenly, a soft gray cat with a tuft of fur on his head padded up to me.

"Hey buddy. Are you lost?" I asked, knowing it wouldn't respond. I patted its fluffy head and went inside to grab it a snack. Snatching the salami from the fridge, I went outside and fed it some. It purred as it chewed, with its little beady eyes watching my every movement.

"I'll name you... Misty. How's that?" Misty looked up at me and continued purring. 

"Awwww!" Then from behind the bushes, another cat appeared, this one with ginger fur and pale orange stripes down it's back. Cute, Misty has a buddy! I fed the second cat some of the meat and went back in to put it away. The cats followed. 

 "I might as well name you too. Rusty sounds good." The second cat was too busy playing with a string from underneath the couches. I watched it, wishing I could have the same carefree outlook on the chaos around me. I glanced around. Huey was reading in a corner while Dewey pestered him, Webby was jumping around and flailing her grappling hook while Lena, who had come over, was on her phone,  tapping away. No one noticed Misty and Rusty.  I quietly led them outside for the night. 

 " Bye... " I whispered, closing the door.

The next day, there were 6 cats outside!  Misty and Rusty, then four cats next to them. I brought the meat back out. As I fed them, they were named as following. Paco, Luis, Rex, and finally...Bob! They were adorable, they followed me around, and they let me pet them! I couldn't have had better pets. It all started with a single slice of salami.