kitten and pup

Ninja jumped off the rock. She was given her mission. She was to guide a human. The most arrogant of species.
Should I really though? Ninja thought as she ran away from the rocks. The little black kitten moved swiftly into the darkness. Luckily the human wasn't to far away. But having to be given this task irrated her. The species was dumb, arrogant, and didn't even care about itself! Surely she was wasting her time.
but Ninja continued forward to seek out the human.
The grey clouds began to swarm the sky, hiding the moonlight. Ninja ran, as fast as she could. She failed to stay dry as the rain fell down on her. Soon the Kitten was soaked in the rain.
Hopefully the human will show some pity in her, but she was still a 30 minute run from the humans CITY! And ninja already was becoming tired. All those sleepless nights of running were taking there toll. But though she was tired, soaked, and starving she pressed on.
The human must show mercy. She was obviously starving!
But then again, it was a human. They probably wouldn't even look at her before throwing her out, so why would it care?
The City was in plain view.
Ninja hurryed to the closest shelter to wait out the rain.
For as much as she looked she found nothing that could be used (or useable) and thus looked everywhere.
Eventually Ninja ran into a ally. There was a cardbord box, and in the box: a small little dog. The pup had white fur.
As she walked over the pup looked up at her. It's small ears were pinned back. the small pup was shaking. Ninja just noticed but she was also shaking, not out of fear, but the shear cold of the winter night brought even the most durable into a shivering mess. But as it was a big box Ninja walked into the box.
The pup made no move to make ninja leave. So Ninja settled down and layed beside the pup.

"w-who are you" the pup said. Ninja easily heard the fear in its voice. "My name is Ninja. and yours?" Ninja told the pup. "I'm castle" the small pup said to ninja.

"so castle what are you doing out here?" Ninja asked eager to start a conversation to pass the time. "I-I was thrown out of m-my old home" castle said. "what about you?" Castle says turning the question on Ninja. "I've lived alone just about my entire life. my mom died when I was young and dad left, my siblings left with him" Ninja said looking out into the rain.

"well what was your home like?" Ninja asks. "it was wonderful. the human who took care of my mother was kind. but when she left the younger human threw me out and I've had to live out here since. it was a week ago but I haven't found anything to eat so..." castle spoke with such joy until the end of his story. "we I can tell you from experience living alone is hard" Ninja spoke to the pup, trying to bring the joy he deserved back to him, after all he was just a pup.

"well, your not alone now! right? think about it, we both have nothing right now. we would have a better survival chance together!" castle says that joy returning to him. "I guess" I say back to castle, Ninja didnt want to kill his spirits.