Chapter 1: "Yo, call me Hiro."

A feint sigh slipped past my lips as I turned the lock from the apartment where I'll be living from now on. I barely had enough money to rent a small apartment, just enough room for one person. The living room would have to be used for everything except cooking and the stuff you do in the bathroom. You know, showering and doing poopoo. The silence creeped at me as I proceed further into the room, put my suitcases in a corner and lie down on the floor.

I only realised I'd dozen off when I heard the bell ringing. The landlord? .. well, I am in Tokyo now, so it might be a delinquent....? It might be a good idea to do some more research about big cities. Yawning, I stumbled towards the door. Maybe, just maybe, it was some hot woman, if that was the case it would cost me all the luck I might get for the rest of my life. I chuckled as I opened the door. But of course, it wasn't some hot woman. I sighed in dissapointment as I looked at the young man's face, he was probably a university student. "Now, now, what's with the long face? I live next-door and my name is Hiroki." He had a large, refreshing smile.. probably the popular kind. I'm not very good at dealing with people like him. "Oh, I see. I am Kou, I came from the countryside." but wouldn't it be impolite to just make him go immediately? Such a pain. "So, uh, do you want to come in? I'll serve some tea." Hiroki's eyes were glistering and he was enthusiastically nodding his head. "Gladly!"

"I'm sorry, but I just noticed there's no hot water or electricity."

"Uh, oh.. well, it's okay, but what will you do about dinner?" Right, I hadn't thought about dinner yet. Eating out will be too expensive. Before I had a chance to answer Hiroki spoke again. "If you want to you can eat at my place?"

"If you don't mind.. but I don't want to be a bother so I'll cook!" I don't have much of a choice do I?

I didn't expect the stove to be this complex, but it'll be okay! Probably. The meat was already in the pan, while I was slicing up the vegetables. AH! This doesn't smell good, I turned to the pan and it started steaming. Hiroki came running in by smelling the burnt meat and got it off the fire, but it was too late. The sprinkler already did his job and his whole apartment was soaked wet. The fire alarm could probably be heard clearly in the whole building. A woman came storming in and Hiroki reacted. "Sorry for the problems landlord, it's nothing."

"Well, I'm glad it's nothing serious. But it looks like you wouldn't be able to live here for a while."

Ahh, this is bad and it's all my fault too. "Uhm, well, I just moved in and he could stay at my place?" Before I could think the words already left my mouth, I just got myself into a terrible mess. I couldn't go back on my word or Hiroki already grasped my hands.

"Really? That would be great!"