If You Love Someone Let Them GO

People say that if love someone let them go. But if you let them go and they never come back than what do you do? What if you then let them go and they stay gone. Or what if they could never find their way back. Or what if they thought you didn't want them. Then what. Do you end with the wrong person. Or was that person never the right person at all. Don't you see, people tell you what to do but not what might happen. They tell you what the right thing to do in the sichuation is but not the mistakes you will take next to make it all fall apart. So why do we listen. because it sounds smart and wise and makes enough sense that you take it. Because we have nothing better to do and it was a last resort. Because you simply feel there is no better way and it must work. And when it all goes south, when there is nothing left for you, you blame yourself even though truly you don't even remember when or how your life was derailed but once it was no one could help it. And who even knows if you have a good life with bad days or a bad life with good days. You just learn to deal with what you have and stop questioning it. It seems as though people know exactly what they are doing until the don't any more. Maybe there was a major moment I missed or over time this just happened, I don't know, but my life spiraled and it will never untangle.