MARRED

Tick! Tock! The wall clock rotated around its axis, with the minutes hand resting graciously on the '5' mark and it's short handed counterpart on the alpha position, number '1'.
It was a sultry afternoon, yet he was in the darkest hours of his life, drowning in hate and loathing his unscrupulous existence. The rope was hanging gloriously on the ceiling, with a footstool underneath, waiting to deprive its victim of the precious gift- Life!

*************************"*

Demion: They always say, people turn out to be who they are because of the circumstances they find themselves growing up in. The indecipherable theory in my life is the fact that the reverse is the case. I never wanted to live this way, I never signed up for any of these, but yet this is my life.

******************************

He paced around the room gently, admiring the family picture frames hanging loosely on the walls painted with a taste of coral and sensational floral patterns - mother nature is truly beautiful.

*****************************

Demion: I was five years old when I started to notice, I had butterflies playing in my stomach when I was around older guys. I never knew what it was then, I didn't understand what the word love meant. I had not gotten into the full realization that it was wrong to have that tingling sensation for people of the same gender. It was not my fault, not my parents, not even the society!. I was an innocent little boy brought up by strict religious parents who only allow me watch children friendly cartoons. Not even Ben 10, because they found it violence-driven. I never saw anything on television or my environment to make me believe in what I was feeling, it just occurred naturally to me. How could I have known, I was gradually becoming a taboo and object of ridicule.

******************************

The sitting room was furnished in old English oak and big silla settees. He collapsed into one of the waiting sofas and gave a deep sigh.

****************************
_

Demion:  "Homosexuality is a sin!", All gay people will go to hell. My Sunday school teacher hollered on a faithful Sunday morning. I just realized what the word *gay* meant three years back when some students in my school cursed me out aloud, with such hate in their hearts because I was effeminate. I didn't create myself to be this way, so why so much hate??  A question that remains unanswered till date. Secondary school was hell for me because I was in a boarding school, at this point , I understood fully what I was and would be, but I was in constant denial. I tried everything humanly possible to be the muscular hunk everyone wanted me to be- a play boy!. The physical was getting better but the emotions gave me up, I just couldn't stop staring at the cute guys.
I was caught up in my own web of destruction, I couldn't voice out   cause of the fear of being backlashed. I continually lived a life full of mirage. Hatred, a venomous monster ate deep into my soul.

**********************

Tears trickled down his face, fear was evident in his eyes as he sat down on the sofa like a slaughtered goat languishing in pain, fighting for its last breath.

********************

Demon: Suicide attempt became a familiar procedure that didn't need any form of manual to be performed by me. Yet, I got constrained by the same religious beliefs that made me a reject. The Bible spoke against homosexuality and yet still despised suicide, leaving me with no way out of my self destruction.

********************

He stood up languorously from the sofa, he was like a time bomb waiting to be detonated at the master's mercy. He walked up to the rope hanging on the ceiling, admiring the beauty. How tiny monofilaments and strands of plant fibres could be strewn together, to form a strong cohesive material that's capable of taking away life in a matter of seconds marvelled him.

*******************
Demion: I was done with school, started working in a multi million naira company, but yet my mother wasn't satisfied. She wanted me to get married already, but how would I achieve that when I wasn't even configured to have a liking for the opposite gender. I still remember clearly, sitting in my pastor's office that faithful day after being reported by my mother that I've been disobeying her wish to get married. And that day, everything changed, but I was oblivious to it, I opened up to my pastor thinking I was in safe hands but reverse was the case. The next Sunday, I was the topic for sermon and I was suspended from the choir. I swooned!. My life came crashing down like the walls of Jericho, my legacy was destroyed, there was no hiding place for me again. I couldn't even sue the pastor for breach of confidentiality, the law that's supposed to be my support has a corporal punishment labelled for homosexuality.  The Bible regarded all sin as the same, but I was bewildered when I saw liars, thieves, fornicators and the likes pointing accusing fingers at me. The church that was supposed to be my Zion, became hell itself. I feared death no more, the hypocrisy in the world unleashed the tamed beast. I started sleeping around with guys I met online, I was vicious, all I wanted was not to feel the pain again. I crossed the line of no return until I got the human immuno deficiency virus.

*******************

Demion Anderson, 25 year old, a first class graduate of chemical engineering was found dead in his apartment at about 6:20pm. His lifeless body had a note rumpled in between his right palm. The note read in bold italics : MY FIGHT IS OVER