Prologue

I haven't had many regrets in my life, but maybe this is one of them. I felt my vagina walls clench as he passed by. Usually my presence would light up his world, but not anymore. Was it something I did? Or was he just being a typical man whore? I wasn't the type of woman to stray from my dating criteria, but for him, I did. Why was I even putting so much energy, time and thought into him anyway? I have a boyfriend. A boyfriend soon to be my husband. So why was I so attached to a guy that never belonged to me? And I love my boyfriend to death!

       How did I even get here ? Maybe if I hadn't taken that stupid job as a secretary... I'd be better off right?   I took the job in August, fast forward to 8 months later and I'm on the verge of a breakup with my boyfriend, majority of the people here hate me and on top of that, the guy who thought me so much in so little time saw me as nothing.

     I mean we're all grown here. I know what we had wouldn't last forever, but I never expected it to end this way. What was it about him anyway ? That made me broke my promise of not cheating on my boyfriend? I knew he wasn't an average male the first time I laid eyes on him. I knew something was bound to happen between us the first time those dark brown eyes met with mine. But why were we here? Why doesn't he notice me the way he used to? Why doesn't he take me out on dates anymore? Why is he being such an asshole?

     I swear. Josh Henningham is going to be the death of me...