Chapter 13

You're dog-tired. Paul said, chuckling at his own joke. I rolled my eyes,

Dog-tired and still outrunning you. I replied back.

I can't help it that the women in this pack are the quickest.

Start training more. I told him, a little edge in my voice. Sorry. I said before he could comment on it.

How late did Jasper keep you up? He asked. At the mention of Jasper's name, memories of last night's kiss flooded through before I could stop it. I tried replying before he could say something about it,

Probably 3. I fell asleep on the run back from the cave. I answered.

So you showed him the cave and got a kiss? I don't know how I should feel about this. On the one hand, I'm pissed because he kissed my little sister, on the other hand, I can stand to be around him and not feel like ripping his head off so it's better than it could be. He rambled on.

You should feel happy that your sister is happy. I told him, another edge in my voice.

What time did he leave last night? Paul asked.

I couldn't stop the short flashes of crawling into my bed last night and Jasper joining me, curled up next to me and him planting a kiss on my head. This morning when my alarm had gone off, or rather Jasper had turned it off and Jasper had woken me up at the right time, I groggily got up and got dressed. I had walked him to the border where we shared another sweet and short kiss before he disappeared back to his house.

Does Sam know he stayed the night? I could hear the slight annoyance in his tone, not liking the idea of us sharing a bed.

Sam said it could happen.

Remind me to have a talk with him.

Leave it alone, Paul. I warned, though my tone held no real authority. I already don't like the fact you dragged Jasper away last night and far away enough I couldn't hear what you two were talking about.

Don't you wish you knew? He said smugly, somehow clogging his thoughts enough that even traces of the conversation didn't flash through his mind.

I rolled my eyes and kept running, my temper starting to get the best of me. I didn't like not knowing what he was talking to my imprint about. I pushed myself to run fast, knowing the quicker I reached our boundaries, the quicker I could go back home.

C'mon, Little Wolf, don't be like that. Paul said, immediately striking a nerve. A loud and powerful growl shot through me,

Don't call me that. I growled, taking a pause between each word.

Okay, okay. Note taken. Only Jasper can call you that. He immediately backed down, surprising me at how easily he did so.

I finished the ending of my trail, Paul meeting me after just a couple minutes. Once we crossed each other, we took the other's path back home, making sure we hadn't missed something. The run back didn't take as long and Paul and I enjoyed the silence as we made our way back. Paul was the first back and he phased after telling me he would talk to me later. I was back less than five minutes after he was and phased before walking into Emily and Sam's. I saw the both of them sitting in their living room, talking about something or another. I shyly walked over, a blush already forming on my cheeks,

"Thank you, for last night." I told the both of them, "I mean it. You both welcomed someone who you're not entirely comfortable with into your home all for the sake of me, and it means a lot." I said.