Prologue

A fourteen year old boy was sitting at the swing alone, looking at his four cards, in which he found last year. It took him a while when he was a small kid to master all three summonings of Duel Monsters: Fusion, Synchro, and XYZ. Yet he learned it from pure will power, and not by school.

"I wonder where you guys come from?" The boy said to himself.

Looking at the cards just now, the boy looked at Odd Eyes Dragon, a normal Duel Monster with 2500 Attack Points, in which he'll need to sacrifice two monsters in order to summon him to the Field. That he knows all too well. Then, the boy looked at the other three Dragons.

Dark Rebellion XYZ Dragon, Clear Wing Synchro Dragon, and Starving Venom Fusion Dragon: two of them have the same attack points as Odd Eyes, and only Starving Venom Fusion Dragon only has a few more attack points than the other three.

Sighing to himself, the boy was about to cry. Every time he Duels people, he would always lose, on rare times he would won. The boy knew that they were jealous of him because he was able to summon them without going to school, but that didn't stop him from getting bullied alot.

"Zarc, what's wrong?"

The boy turned his head and saw his father, his hero and a Dueltainer. Yes, Zarc wanted to be like his dad when he grows up, whom he idolize the most.

"Hey, dad... I was just... Thinking and I need some alone time" Zarc said.

His dad smile. "I would like to have alone time to think as well, but if you keep doing that, how would you ever talk about it with a smile?"

Zarc stopped tearing up. "You're right, dad. As long as I don't talk about it when I'm alone, how would I ever smile if I keep on doing it?" Zarc said with a smile, happy that his dad cheered him up again.

"That's it, son, anyway I have something for you" his dad said, before giving him a small box.

Zarc was surprised before slowly grabbing the box from his dad. He looked at it before looking back at his dad.

"I originally wanted to give you it on your next birthday, but I decided to give it to you" his dad said.

Zarc, curious of what it was, slowly opened the box, and after unwrapping it, he pulled it out and gasped with surprised. It's a small necklace with a beautiful clear crystal. When he swinged it both ways, the crystal moved along with it.

"Wow, that's so cool. Thanks, dad!" Zarc said, putting the necklace around his neck.

"You're welcome, Zarc" his father said, patting Zarc's head. "Now, come on, you're mother is making dinner."

"Okay!"

...

Yuya woke up after the sun blinded his eyes for a bit. Yawning to himself, he looked at the clock. It was only 7:00 in the morning, but he got out from his bed, and grabbed his Odd Eyes Pendulum Dragon and his Pendulum Necklace.

Zarc..., The boy with green hair with red underneath thought.

Hearing his mother and father calling him, Yuya quickly got dressed because he has to go You Show Duel School in another hour. Grabbing his deck and putting on his Pendulum Necklace, Yuya walked out of his bedroom, however, he couldn't stop thinking about... That strange dream he had.