Chapter1

"Katherine!!"mom yells from the kitchen.

"Coming,mom!!"I call back.

Mom,Claire Waterbill,is not a typical Mom at all.She can't even make a bed.She's horrible at cooking,cleaning,organizing,and all Mom- stuff.My dad,Dan Rivers,passed away 5 years ago,when I was 12.I've became used to it already,and I guess no one misses him at all.

"What?"I say when i reach the kitchen.

"Breakfast is waiting"she replies. "Come on,Mom.are you sure you even tried?" I say as i look over at the burnt toast and broken eggs on the wooden floor."Shut up and start cooking"she says and storms out of the kitchen,slightly embarassed at her terrible attempt. I sigh as I get to work.

"Katie!!" Jamie,my younger sister calls from her room. "What is it now,Jamie?"i roll my eyes before heading to her room.

"Can you zip my dress up?"she says,acting innocent. I sigh, but say nothing as I zip up her dress. "Thank you" she says. I do the cooking,and organizing/planning. all of the other things our housekeeper,Gloria,does.Since Mom is no good at any of them.she works from 8am to 4pm as a nurse at the local hospital.It's literally the only thing she is good at.

After I walk Emily,my 3 year old half-sister to her nursery,and Jamie,who is 9,went to her class,I head to my own school building.

-----------

This part was short because its the first. the next part will be longer.