My Dream...

When I dream of a better future, I envision a world of equality, where a relationship is not judged by the sex of the partners, but instead by the loving bond a couple shares. No longer will titles such as gay, lesbian, bisexual, and straight describe a relationship in my dream of a better future. My dream is of equality, true equality.

I dream of a vision of worldly discussions on politics, education, and other truly important items rather than marriage and relationship partners. Equality of marriage and dating relationships must be accepted so that other more important problem topics of the world may get the attention they need in order to be resolved.

I dream of a future where, one day, all of the citizens of the world are equal, no matter who they date, hang out with, or marry. I see a future where gays, lesbians, bisexuals, and straights receive the same opportunities equally in the workplace, in the type of insurance available (life, medical, home, or car), and in raising children together.

I envision a world where same sex families who are raising children are treated as any other family in the world. Family is not based on the sex of those who raise the child. Family is made of those who love you, no matter what, and it is not based on blood relations. Blood does not make you family; love does. The world I see in my vision of tomorrow is discrimination-free, and family is not standardized by the sex of the parents but instead by how well they care for and raise their children.

To reach for a better future of true equality, we must act now. The future will not be better until all our rights are equal. We, as citizens of the world, must stop discrimination of relationship sexuality in order to be equal and have a better future; stop the relationship discrimination of a person's sexuality.