Chp 1

The year was 1963 and the world was confusing as ever with the war. Society was changing, even in our little town in Kings Lynn, England.

I had known Roger for practically our whole lives, our mothers were long time best friends and we had actually lived across the street from each other.

Today was the last day to get tickets to out winter formal dance, I had practically made a fool of myself in front of the football team, rejected as I asked Harrison Glatfelter to attend the dance with me.

This particular day, I didn't wait for Roger to escort me home, which my father would be upset about, he barley let me go anywhere without that boy.

I walked home, down the stone streets with my bag slung over my shoulder, tears welled down from my eyes, tapping the ground along with the rain drops. When I returned home, I didn't bother to check with my mum and dad, I had went straight to the tree house my father had made Roger and I when we were younger. I managed to climb up the ladder and nuzzle myself in the tree house. It was silly really I had just wanted to be alone.

When Roger had returned home, I overheard my mother speaking to him saying she couldn't find me anywhere. I had wiped the tears from my face as my eyes were still dry, red, and puffy.

Soon the ladder started to shake the tree and A little blonde head pop up.

"Lia, I heard what happed." He climbed into the tree house

I rolled my eyes "yeah, well don't rub it in." I sniffled crossing my arms as he came over to sit next to me
"It's probably all over school" I added as Roger let out a chuckle
"Yeah, sorry" He slung an arm around me
" I hate boys" I leaned my head on his shoulder and he leaned his head upon mine

"That's a lie, you love me."

"Fine Boys hate me" I snarled a bit under my breath

"I have a proposal, if the both of us aren't happily married by the time we are thirty, I'm making you my wife." He spoke looking down at me

My cheeks began to turn red "oh Roger how could you ever promise that? We are only 14 years old." I began to blabber

"I'll find a way, I promise." He held out his pinky finger and I wrapped mine around his "Alright Taylor."

-1967-

A few years had gone by, Roger and I had finally Graduated. A long the way we had picked up a friend, a year or two older than us while visiting uni. Brian May. 

Mum had me staying at the uni in liver pool, in a dorm room of course. Roger had gone off and bought an apartment with Brian. The two were insanely talented and worked well together, while hooking up with a young man named Tom, they performed at schools throughout Liverpool, making quite decent money. Occasionally I would sneak over to his flat and stay the night, either in his room or the spare, but as months went on things changed a bit. Looks, touches, words became different.

We were both only 18 when things started to move fast.
I was studying cosmetic science, while Roger was Studying to be a dentist, I had always poked fun at him for it.

I sat in my dorm room, at the small desk with one small light on as my eyes scanned the pages of my chemistry book.
Suddenly the door was being knocked over as my giggling roommate entered the dorm .

I laughed to myself, as Mary was always seen giggling.

"I'm home, love" the blonde girl called out, walking into The bedroom.

I had hesitantly shut my book and put an end to my studies as I had promised Mary I would take her to see the boys play. But if I was being completely Honest, I never went to go see smile play. I would sit in and listen to Roger play along with Brian messing around on his guitar. But I've never really seen a show.

"Lia,  what are you doing? Your not even bloody dressed the show starts in twenty minutes"  Mary sighed urging me to get up and get changed

"We can be fashionably late, darling. No one would mind." I roll my eyes a bit and stood from my position walking over to my wardrobe

I bite my lip deciding what to wear, when finally I pulled out a black dress with yellow sunflowers and some dark tights, along with my converse, I put my red hair into a tight bun on the top of my head. I slipped my bag over my shoulder, and just too annoy her. I shooed my best friend out the front door insisting that we were going to be late.

________________________

Hi y'all, a bit of an authors note. I have some what big plans for this story , so after reading this leave me a comment and let me know what you think  <3