Prologue

Prologue

I maneuvered my way through the crowded ballroom as my heart beat quickens; I am unsuccessfully trying to dodge the sharpness of elbows of the masked happy go drunk dancers. Their laughter echoes and seeps into my brain. I forced myself not to listen to the loud music that was trying to trap me into the ballroom.

I look for an exit and spot on that seem miles away, I run towards it only my feet feel like lead and I am moving slowly. Trying to move faster everything around me begins to spin and all separate colors became one all together.

“Arielle.” A whisper seeps out clearly above the deafening music.

I panic and try harder to get to the exit. I cover my ears, trying to block out not only the music but the alluring sound of his voice.

“Arielle.” He seemed to be getting louder, as if he was just behind me. I jerk myself around to find him but he was nowhere to be found. I must be imagining him. I start to move again and the dizziness in my head begins to decrease. I can move with ease now and I’m running to the door, except the door kept getting farther and farther away.

He was doing this.

He was controlling everything in here to keep me from getting out.

He was trapping me in here.

I trip over a small dancer and I feel the familiar warmth of his grasp. My body became to give to him yet I wouldn’t have it.

I turn to look at him, he was wearing a full face mask so I could only see his piercing green eyes. He rips off my own mask, “Arielle. You cannot run from me forever. I am your destiny and you will succumb to me, it’s only a matter of time. You cannot fight forever.” He whispers in my ear making me shudder. He pulls up his mask enough for me to see his lips. He leans down and kisses my neck. I fall limp in his arms and everything goes dark.

***

•so what do you think of what I have so far??

I know the title sucks but it's all I could think of right now and I'm sorry if this was short it's been really hard trying to bring this from my head and into words without screwing it up!

Do comment and vote to tell me what you think!!!!

I'd love to hear from you all :):):):)

By the way, the picture is to give you a feel of what I'm trying to describe the setting as.

Coment and let me know if you share the love of David Bowie and Layrinth too!!!!!!!

~Kelsey•