Chapter 1

It was a rainy Saturday afternoon when i arrived.My aunt,Mary was sitting on a bench in the garden.She was reading a book.When she noticed Carl's car she put the book down and stood up.

The car stopped and i got out of it.My aunt came nearer to me and she hugged me tightly.

"Oh Lucy.I missed you a lot." she said with a huge smile on her face.

"I missed you too."

"Where is your stuff?" she asked me with a curious tone.

"In the car."

Aunt Mary walked to the luggage rack.

"Carl!You idiot,come over here and help me with the package." she shouted at Carl,who was still sitting in the car.Carl got out of the car and took off his cap.

"I missed your lovely voice Mary!" he said with a little bit of irony.

"Shut up and help me." said aunt Mary.

"I was missing this very lovely family atmosphere." i said smiling.I doubt if  they heard my comment.They were too busy with the package.

After a few  minutes we were in the house,sitting on the sofa.Mary brought some tea and a bowl of cookies.

"And how are you,dear?" Mary asked while eating a cookie.

"I'm okay.Really happy acctually.You know,because of the summer break."

"Of course.The summer break.The best time of the year." said Carl laughing.I always loved uncle Carl's laugh.It was like the sound of a drowning animal.

"Your mother.How is she?" interruped Mary.

"She's fine.I guess...She is very busy with  her loverboy."

"So you still don't like him?" asked Carl

"I hate him.He is just another husband replacer who thinks that i will fall for him just like my naiv mother did.Plus he wants to be my new father,but he is and he will always be an annoying bastard."

"What's his name,anyway?" this was Mary.

"George.I think,but i'm not really sure...But lets talk about something else."

We were talked for a while ,than Carl had to go home.I went upstairs to my new room to look around.I put my clothes in the closet and my books on the shelves.

"Lucy!Dinner is ready!" i heard aunt Mary's shout from downstairs.Finnally,i was really hungry.

I went downstairs.Mary was in the kitchen.The table in the dinning room was already spread out for two persons.I sat down at the table and waited for the food.

After dinner i went upstairs in my room.I liked this room.I remembered that i used to sleep in  this room everytime when we came here.I sat down in the chair by the window.i looked out of it.The garden wasn't really big,but it was the prettiest one on the whole street.My mother was always jealous.

I was tired and sleepy so i went to bed earlier.I wasn't surprised,today was  a very tiring day.I closed my eyes but i couldn't sleep.I heard music from downstairs.Probably Mary was listening to it.Her music taste was different than mine.She liked classical music,but i was more into the modern music.

I woke up at 10 a.m. to my phone ringing.It was a text from my mom,saying:"Morning,dear.How are you?I hope you'll have fun at Mary's.We'll talk later,love you.

"I'm fine.I hope you and George will enjoy the summer without me."- I replied.

I was fresh and ready for a new day here in Los Angeles.I went downstairs to eat something.Mary was already in the kitchen making our breakfast,which was pancakes with nuttella.My favorite by the way.