Prologue

"Dad, I still don't really understand why we're going," I mumbled, packing all of my clothes into the already crammed suitcase.

"I told you, it'll be better for you up there," he said, helping me zip up the overflowing bag.

"Are you sure it isn't so you can just hide away from everyone without them really noticing?" I murmured, folding my arms over my chest.

"Nataliea, not now," he rubbed his face, voice tired from doing nothing.

"You know how much I hate that name," I grumbled. "It's Flynn."

"Sorry, I forgot that my daughter went down and legally changed her name to a Disney character that isn't even a real prince," I just rolled my eyes, falling back on my bare mattress.

"He's just misunderstood," my dad sighed as he lugged my bags out of my empty room. I looked up at the ceiling that I had seen over a million times, trying to connect the lines like I did when I couldn't sleep. I finally got to come home just to be shipped off to Ireland.

Talk about some bullshit.

"Flynn, let's go!" My dad hollered from upstairs. I squeezed my eyes shut and pushed myself off the bed, trudging down the stairs.

"I don't wanna go," I mumbled, tears forming in my eyes.

"This job is really important to me," he kissed my forehead then closed the door to our empty house.

"A job and your reputation is more important than your daughter's happiness?" I looked up at him, trying my best not to let the tears fall. Dad sighed for the millionth time today and just took the bags to the truck. "I guess so." I answered myself, following behind him. Why did I choose to live with my dad when I could have stayed with Mom in New York?

None of this would have ever happened if I just stayed with her.

There wouldn't even be a story if I did live with her in New York.

But, I guess stranger things have happened. I just never thought they would happen to me.