Chapter 1

I was awaken by the smell of bacon and eggs. Something I'm not use to.

I got out of bed and made my way to the kitchen since the smell came from there only to be greeted by my mom cooking.

"Mom?" I questioned

"Hey, look we have some new neighbors maybe you should introduce yourself to them." My mom says 

"I don't know mom.." I say while looking at the ground. 

She sighs. "It's okay, get ready i'm driving you to school today" She says

"What?" I question 

"Yeah, I am taking the new neighbor to school with you so hurry up and get ready!" She rushes me 

I sighed and walk into my room. I don't like it when my mom makes me friends without my permission. For example, two years ago when I first started high school I didn't have many friends and my mom made a friend at the place she works at. Turns out her friend had a daughter my age. She was nice until she told me to sell drugs for her. Crazy weirdo!

I tried being friends with people from school but there so cocky, fake, and not very smart. 

I decided to go with skinny jeans, an orange and cream color shirt with my white toms and a cute little necklace I got for my birthday once.

"Madison hurry up!" My mom calls out "We have to go pick up Shawn!" 

Shawn. Must be the new neighbor

"I'm going I'm going" I say as I walk out of my room.

My mom was already in the car with a boy sitting in the passenger seat. I always get the passenger seat, what the heck. 

"Hi" Said Shawn I'm guessing

"Hi" I said quietly 

"So Shawn that's my daughter Madison, hope you like Hamilton High. Maddy Shawn is a junior just like you" My mom says

"Uh.. Nice?" I question more than just saying. With that we drove off. 

10 MINUTES LATER

"Bye guys, walk home after school!" My mom says as she drops us off. 

I walk through the walls of Hamilton. The girls fixing there make up by adding 2 more pounds of it. Typical.

"So where's the main office?" Shawn says. I almost forgot he was there. 

"Oh right follow me" I said as I walk through the main office. 

Shawn went to the lady and got his classes. I took a look at his schedule 

"We have first, third, forth, fifth, sixth and seventh together" I said as I hand him back his paper.

 I actually didn't want Shawn in any of my classes because I get picked on in like every class. I walked through the halls trying to make my way towards first, Shawn following behind.

 "Morning Mr. Olson" I said to my French teacher

"Hello Maddy, who's this?" He said while looking at Shawn. 

"I'm Shawn Mendes" Shawn said while handing him his paper of his classes. 

"Take a seat where ever you want" Mr.Olson said

Shawn took a seat beside me. I wish he didn't I sit next to me because this boy behind me name  Taylor picks on me. With that on mind he walks in.

"Hey Madison" He says while smirking. "Who's your friend" He said while looking at Shawn. 

"I'm Shawn" Shawn says 

"What a gay name" Taylor says 

"Taylor leave him alone" I said

"Shut up" Taylor snaps at me

"Hey!That's not how you talk to a girl" Shawn said

"Shawn please ju-"

"Yeah? And what are you going to do about it?" Taylor said as he shoves Shawn. Oh no. 

"Taylor! Stop that and take your seat" Mr Olson said

"Whatever" Taylor said and gave Shawn one last shove

"What a jerk" Shawn said

I sigh in relief just because Shawn didn't cause anything.

 LAST BELL RINGS

 Me and Shawn made our way toward the exit gate. 

"Hey Shawn" Said this skinny girl. I felt jealous only because Shawn isn't bad looking and she isn't either. 

"Hi" He said

"Wanna hang out later?" 

"Sorry I can't" 

"If your hanging out with Madison might as well leave her now she's a freak." The girl said. Ouch 

"Um.. She's actually pretty cute" Shawn said looking at me. I blush

"Whatever, and Madison just please kill yourself already, you know Shawn is just friends with you because he feels sorry" 

Crap. Shawn doesn't know im depress. I grabbed Shawn's hand and walk out the school. 

 ________________________________________________________________________

 We got home and Shawn started asking questions. 

"Shawn just please get out my house I barely know you I shouldn't tell you anything." I snapped at him. 

"Fine whatever sorry for trying to help" Shawn said and left slamming the door. 

I like Shawn he's really cute but I don't know him. 

I sigh and drop the subject before taking a nap.